My engine is better than yours

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by meowmicks, Jan 8, 2013.

1. M3 has a v8.....so does M5. Are u saying they dont handle? Cuz yea they do theyll eat any 4 banger civic any day

2. #62 sfar785, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    uhh, no.

ask the M3 how bad it's ass hurts after being pounded by an Evo X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIL4v3XrFB0

4 cyl > 8 cyl

oh, and a K20 swapped Civic rapes an M3

http://youtu.be/0W03NmH1q3Q

3. like i've said, i've seen stock 2JZ's beat V8's without any problem.
    not sure how one would do against a new 5.0 but the old 4.6 is slow as fuck and it didn't take much of anything to get a b18b1 in a Civic to kill one.

4. Reminds me of the Dodge M4S turbo concept used in that movie "The Wraith"
    440hp out of a 2.2l turbo in the late 70's early 80's is impressive no matter what.

That Quad 4 motor looks pretty badass, alum block/heads it looks like from the pics? What are the specs on it?
    Reminds me of my SC400's 1UZ

5. Reminds me of the Dodge M4S turbo concept used in that movie "The Wraith"
    440hp out of a 2.2l turbo in the late 70's early 80's is impressive no matter what.

That Quad 4 motor looks pretty badass, alum block/heads it looks like from the pics? What are the specs on it?
    Reminds me of my SC400's 1UZ

We have the same understanding of what a "stock" motor is, but for the purpose of comparing stock to stock upgrading anything on a 4 or 6 and comparing it to a stock 8 isn't really fair now is it?

*edit* WTF... i think i'm just arguing w/ myself at this point...... :confused:

6. yeah, you seem to be the only one who doesn't get that of course any V8 will beat most I4's because of displacement. Give an I4 Civic or Integra or whatever the same HP or even 100+ less, it'll win.

7. Thats why i love the srt so much, even in stock trim it'll spank a shitload of "faster" cars, put $1000-$1500 into it and you've got 280-300whp and a low 12sec car.

I'm currently lookin at buying an FR-S, just cuz i want a better balanced car. The low power makes me shy away tho. :(

8. my neighbor is a 240/Silvia fanatic, he told me he test drove the new FR-S and it handled like a modified S13 and the interior felt like an S15...so if HE liked it then it's gotta be at least half decent.

his dad is actually really famous in the luxury car and exotic car world, google "Craig Lieberman". He had a lot to do with the cars from all the Fast and the Furious movies.

9. I can't find any dealers locally with a 6mt FR-S to test drive, once they get one in i'm makin an appt.
    I'll let you know what i think. The power i know is gonna be dissapointing. other than my work truck the last car i drove was my supra.
    Hopefully they'll let me go alone so i can really test it out.

10. Sigh yes because 1 youtube video proves sooo fucking much like icant go find one showing a M3/M5 making an evo its bitch an idgaf if a k20 swap could beat a stock m3 ill take the money instead of swapping engines add some bolt ons an make sure that your civic is seeing tail lights all day long

11. Triton 5.4 v8. This Shit could pull down a house with the amount of torque it creates

12. yeah but you're missing the point, you said an M3 would beat a 4cylinder, i just proved you were wrong...

i'd be mad to if i had an M3 and got beat by a 4 cylinder regardless of what the 4 cylinder had in it...you can make up ANY excuse you want and add any variable you want but you just saw a $3000 Civic beat an M3

13. Yeah it's the tfsi I really enjoyed looking it over an got a lot of ideas.. Only if I had the time and money to research and develop a retro fit kit for my motor :( alas ill have to wait..

14. anyone have knowledge on that Noble that has the twin turbo 4.3 Chevy Vortec motor? There's a local on here and he beats liter bikes...his car is straight from the factory without a single added part.

15. This just turned into another I4 vs V8 thread.. :facepalm:

-certain situations are going to give an advantage to one or the other. I think it's proven that if you drop 10K into any engine it will be beastly.

16. instead of no replacement for displacement it should be no replacement for $$$$$

17. #78 midnittoke, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    Exactly.

-someone mentioned turbo lag.. I wanted to point out that turbo lag is good to a certain extent. It's wonderful for a daily driver around town. The car behaves as stock and is completely streetable. High hp v8s are generally less streetable because power is down low and if you are in an area with a lot of rain, snow, precipitation that's a really bad thing

18. Haha i got one for you guys....an inline 6:) cummins baby:) 609 rwhp aaaaaaannnnnnddddd 1560 ftlbs:) still get 18 mpg in a 3/4 truck. I also am a muscle car lover but i would love to have a tt LS2.

19. here in Oklahoma EVERYONE has a beastly diesel...there are so many guys with trucks here that have been featured in magazines and shit it isn't even funny. There's one done fully by Banks and it makes almost 2000 ft/lbs tq and it is FAAAAAAST.