My engine is better than yours

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by meowmicks, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Why the fuck would anybody running 2k hp want it to be streetable? Lol

2. why do people feed trolls?

3. because they want 2000 horse power and they also want to drive the car on the street?

4. Because if i build a motor with 2000hp and drop the money to build a motor like that im sure as hell gonna drive it

5. If you have money like that, you would have a bad ass daily driver and track the car constantly to push the motor like it wants/need to be

6. So now you know what id do with that kind of money?......nah i prolly wouldnt go 2000hp 4 my daily but 1200....sounds nice to me lol

7. No I'm saying if you have the money for either of those you will have daily driver. Especially if doing it yourself.

8. I knew a guy with a 950 HP Supra that tried to daily drive it... Took a shop a year and a half to complete and the guy took 6 days to total it running into a roadside abutment. Needless to say this guy couldn't handle the power..

9. Just because he drives like a dumbass doesn't mean that everyone with a high HP outputting car does too....

Its sad when people are blessed with such amazing vehicles and they ruin them. Such a disgrace.... lol :smoking:

10. Yea.. This guy had a drinking problem too. Decided it was a good idea to jump in the ditch and hide from the police under some leaves after it happened. Lol

The guy was a co-owner of a Toyota dealership and this car was basically advertisement for the company, but he was fired after the incident.

11. Really high horsepower whips on the road are dangerous. I wouldn't want a super high hp ride, there really is a point of too much power. I can understand wanting to drive it between the track, house, and for weekends but publics roads are not made for measuring your amount of power. To fully enjoy the car, tracks and drag strips are where it's at home.

12. I don't understand not wanting to have a high HP car on the street...
    Its not like if you only hit the gas a lil its still gonna go like crazy.

Drive it like any other normal person drives and a 700-1000hp car isnt any different on the street than a 300hp car. Except maybe a grabby clutch or higher rpm tc.

But anyway back to engines;
    Are there any V8's that will make 900hp with a stock bottom end? Which ones?

13. If I had the money to fully build a 2jz or any engine I would make sure I had money to track it. Who wants all that hp on the street in traffic, ohhhhhh I forgot to show off.

14. With a super drag car you lose a lot of luxury and comfort normally. Super loby cam, noisy ass suspension, rattling rollcage, that and they're loud as fuck. Pretty much screams pull me over. Really if you got the money to build a 1000 hp+ car you should just ride in your 2014 escalade

15. I didnt say drag car.

Plus it doesnt take that much money to make 1000hp from a 2jz.

16. The phrase "that mch money" is Subjective.. And yes it will take money after you add in fueling system (cell, highflow pump, lines, and filters, plus injectors for 1000hp are gling to be around 500+ with quality brands) suspension, tires, and brakes. If its not, you are cutting corners and using cheap parts which will break with varying heat cycles.

Gonna put that thin stainless tubular manifold off eBay for my 1000hp supra. It'll last man....

17. just FYI, that "thin stainless manifold from ebay" has been proven work. Not by me, just sayin.

18. Alright mr moneybags, well if you're talking brand car that comes from the factory with 1000hp you're going to need a cool mill. Building a 1000hp car that wont fall apart first run will cost a lot of money; people will be asking you how much that car owns you. Then there's maintenance and everything, speed is NOT cheap. Cars that hit 1000hp normally have a team of tuners/technicians/builders with their own shop behind them

19. Yeah, anybody with the time or money to build a thousand house power engine would not waste that engine daily driving it.

Reliability, cheap, speed. Pick two. A built up engine like that requires constant tweaking and maintenence. It's just not practical.

20. Yeah.. With a tiny t3/t4 that pushes 5-8psi lmfao
    Put a real turbo and push 30psi and it won't unless you weld your own braces to the turbo to take the weight off the welds. Even then it's a toss up.