My email from Adam Scorgie (Regarding the Culture High)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Antibalas, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Hey GC!

I recently had the opportunity to discuss the Culture High (the sequel to The Union) via email with Adam Scorgie, and for all who were curious about where that kickstarter money is going, I thought i'd share!

This should be pretty big!

2. Wish cool this is the first time I'm hearing about this sequel

3. They're airing this on tv? This will definitely be big for the legalization movement.

4. Oh right on. This is a lot more than I expected. :D

5. Hmmm... making knowledge a "pay per view" event by the Wall Street firms which own these media companies somehow comes off as very strange bedfellows. Only those already interested would pay to see it. It won't shift social viewpoints on the matter. My prediction? If one of these media companies buys the rights, it will see a dark basement corner somewhere in a government warehouse like "Raiders of the Lost Ark." ;) The system is set up to not allow such things to see any mainstream attention or success.

6. why only possibly the UK?

We have the most cannabis users in the world population wise, we love our smoke even more than our neighbors in the netherlands, this film will do well here.

7. Considering how far over they went, I think it is safe to assume the UK will get a screening

8. 50,000 dollars more is a pretty sweet achievement. I think were bound to see many more influential people in this film.

9. Good stuff, are you involved with this film or did you just make a donation.

10. Even though its not the greatest lime light for the community but look at the show WEEDS. Look how long it stayed on for. If they want to make money on this they will regardless of whats in it. They will be more concerned with the money they make than anything else. All the while we will be able to gain a leg up in the whole legalization movement.

11. Just a donation, I simply emailed him out of curiosity and he happened to respond.