My Effed Up Friday Night.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by underahoneymoon, Nov 18, 2012.

1. #1 underahoneymoon, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
    So Friday night I went to hang out with my good friend Jessica and her brother Trevor. The plan was to pick up a few of their friends, drink for awhile at J&T's house and then head to a little dive bar me J&T frequent that is about a ten minute walk away.
    The night starts out great. We pick up Nick, Demetrius, and Demetrius' boyfriend Thomas. Nick is also gay. So, we have two bi white chicks, a strait white guy, and three gay black guys.
    We smoke a few blunts, watching tv and drinking, then we play a few rounds of catch phrase before getting bored and decide to head to the bar. Because Jessica and Trevor live so close to the bar they go there all the time, and have for years. They are on first name basis with the bartenders, the owner and a lot of patrons.
    We are walking to the bar and everyone is in a pretty good mood, looking forward to a chill night out, some more drinks and some karaoke.
    Now Thomas' BF is under 21, but Jessica, Trevor and I have all been going there since we were about 19 and never had problems. It's a tiny, tiny, dirty dive bar that doesn't give a fuck about much.

So we walk in the entrance and head up to the bar. The bartender is drunk. He usually is. He starts giving Demetrius and Thomas (who are holding hands) the major stink eye. He asks for I.D. First time I have ever been carded there. Jess hands over her I.D. and heads to the very back to the bathroom. I show my I.D. and follow her. At this point I'm feeling uneasy, thinking Thomas is going to get told to leave and we will all have to go home, but whatever we have plenty of booze at home. I'm standing outside the bathroom kinda spacing out when all of a sudden I see the bar tender rush out from behind the bar and run to the front door where all of a sudden there is a cluster fuck of people. I immediately go over there and see about ten men all pushing and shoving Demetrius, Thomas and Nick out the door yelling "We don't want you hear, faggots" and "Get the fuck out of here you fucking faggots" and "you fucking ******s." The only thing I am thinking is that everyone is drunk, and angry and we need to just leave - 3 skinny black guys against 10 grown men isn't going to end well. I'm standing outside and D,T And N start to walk away but as they walk away the guys at the bar continue to taunt them so they start to charge them - I'm trying to hold them back (the thee of them, yeah that didn't work) but I can't.
    Trevor is still at the front of the bar, he is a big guy, over six feet and he punches some guy in the stomach and starts yelling at some other guy telling him you know, wtf, I know you, this isn't right. Jess is still in the fucking bathroom.
    D picks up this metal fan the bar uses on hot nights and throws it at the fucking window of the bar but luckily it missed and didn't hit anyone. At this point I'm worried about cops, so I keep trying to pull D, T and N away while Trevor deals with the other guys. I keep telling them it's not worth it, their ignorant fucking ass holes, just fuck them, and we walk away, as all the guys continue to yell after us and taunt us.
    We turn at the first corner we get to and just keep walking, not really sure where we are. We are all drunk, we are all so angry, we are all yelling loudly about what just happened. Trevor catches up with us and we figure we should head home and wait for Jess there. I feel like crying, what the fuck just happened? I've never been a part of something like that. Strangers threatening to beat the shit out of my friends because they are gay and black? I felt like crying, but mostly I was just really mad.
    Things got a little fuzzy for awhile. A few cops passed us heading up the hill to the bar or just patrolling.
    Next thing I know Nick suddenly turns around and runs back up the hill to the bar. Everybody else is talking and yelling and doesn't notice. I follow him up the hill and peek around the corner with Nick and see everybody is still standing outside the bar. Next thing I know, Thomas is standing there with a fucking bottle yelling at the guys, and I have no idea where Trevor and Demetrius are.
    Everyone's yelling I'm getting more and more scared of a fight breaking out when Demetrius pulls up in his car and yells for us to get in cus cops are coming. We run to the car and get in and I tell him to drive away but he won't, he keeps yelling at the guys outside. Then one guy starts to walk towards us. Then Thomas jumps out of the car and breaks the fucking bottle on the curb and walks towards the guy, then Demetrius and Nick get out of the car. I stay in the car thinking shit is about to get really really bad and all I can do is pray for them to just get in the car because me yelling at them isn't working.
    We see a cop car approaching and Thomas puts his bottle out of sight. Demetrius stands by his car and is heatedly telling the cops what happened, that the guys at the bar were calling them faggots, and ******s and threatening to beat the shit out of them and pushing and shoving them and one of the cops starts fucking laughing. He throws his head back and laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world. So D, T and N jump in the car and D takes of, like tires pealing, down the street and I thought for sure the cops were gonna pull us over and give us a hard time but they didn't. So we drive to Jessica's and D,T, and N drop me off and go home. About 5 minutes later Jess shows up freaking out because Trevor isn't answering his phone and no one knows where he is. Turns out she had been running around for the last 30 minutes looking for Trevor and got into a confrontation with a black chick that ended in punches. 10 minutes later Trevor shows up and we go inside still yelling and fuming about what happened. And that was my night.

To summarize - Went to a bar with some friends, we know the staff and patrons and they kicked out our black, gay friends because one was underage (after serving us white folks while underage for years) and pushed and shoved them out, calling them faggots, ******s, cock suckers, black bitches etc etc.
    I realize that yes, our friend was underage but if that was truly an issue all they had to do was ask us to leave and we would have left.

Sorry for the fucking wall of text, I just really needed to vent. I am still really upset at witnessing people being so shitty for no reason. I always hear stories about this shit, people being harassed because of race or orientation I just didn't think I would see it happen. It made me feel so mad, sad and helpless and it wasn't even directed at me. I can't even imagine how bad it must make someone feel when that hate is directed at them.
    And that fucking cop laughing at us. That was horrible.

2. where do u live?

3. Wow sounds like a hell of a night. Eh racist people are dumb as fuck. For some reason when you described your black friends almost getting in a fight i thought about 21 jump street. The part where the one guy punches that gay black kid lol

4. I never saw that haha, I'm too much a fan of the original tv show <3 Johnny Depp.

I guess growing up in So Cal in tolerant environment I was really sheltered from a lot of ignorant people and their hate. We just went to the wrong, shitty dive bar.

5. And I thought I would get away from some of that shit when I moved out here!? You would think that people might evolve! Ha!

6. Yeah. I mean from my experiences in this city, most people are chill as fuck. But you still run into ass holes. Grown ass men threatening a bunch of twenty-somethings. Ridiculous.

7. There's at least one in every bunch! Sucks about your night!

8. Fucking ignorant douchebags. They'll get what's coming to them.

9. Sounds like a wild night. But at least you all made it back in one piece! :)

10. Yeah I hope their bar goes out of business.

Yeah I'm really surprised we all mad it back home in spite of all the drunken wandering haha.

11. Times like that i'm glad i know i can throwdown :laughing: i know that deep gut drop feel when you know things are gonna end violently. If you can get passed that fear and a little angry it's amazing how far you can go.

Hopefully next time your buddies leave

12. fuck that cop, fuck those homophobes, and fuck kim kardashian

13. fuck! jess ! damn why are you still in the bathroom?!?!?!
    your friends are trying to leave!! damnit girl get a move on!

14. Would this bar happen to be around Ocean Beach?

15. why don't you get them shut down, you where drinking underage/know people that are.....report it, and make them lose their liquor license :cool:

16. Haha seriously. And she is worth way more then I am in a fight.

No it's near the college area, but if there is a bar like that in OB I will stay far away.

17. Throw a few moltovs at the bar.

18. Hey, that's crazy I live in college area and was not aware of racist bars like you describe? Pm the adress Ill take care of this, made an account to get you and your friends some justice. Regarding the officers if you got a chance to look at their badge numbers or last names I could be of some help aswell

19. Damn! I wish I was there. Bar fights and beating the piss out of closed minded hillbillies is always a lesson taught with fists and teeth.