My dwc grow (mazar)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by videoman, Mar 24, 2016.

1. High again,

So I'm getting ready to flower soon. It's been a very uneventful grow so far. How it should be.

It's currently about 10 or 11 weeks since I put the seeds in to germinate (Jan 5th)

They look beautiful. The only times I ever had to do anything, was a couple times I added some cal/mag,

and of course raising the ppm once or twice, and I added some peroxide once. That's it.

Compared to soil, this was a walk in the park.

I've run the same water in these totes since Jan 5th with no problems or algie growth what so ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice man, gotta love dwc, so versatile

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

3. It is and it's so much easier than soil. I've grown in soil for decades and am now getting old n disabled, dwc allows me to keep growing, no lifting, no nothing. Fact is I've done almost nothing the entire grow other than to sit and watch in amazement. If you maintain a proper temp, you never have to do a res change, so long as your not using organics.

4. What is the temperature that you keep your res at? also does the room Temp make a difference?
    I noticed the chairs around, so I assume that your interior grow area stays climate controlled. I'm just starting DWC, Using General Hydro Nutrients. I'd love to avoid the Bi-Weekly flush and just maintain the Water culture. Any advanced tips?
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm learning myself, but I got a great teacher. Best temp for dwc is 69 degrees, that's your magic number.
    Over that temp and algie starts to grow.

There are a multitude of ways to maintain your temps, the ghetto way of course, is to freeze half empty bottles of water n float em in the tank. That's not my style though, I want a more permanent solution. I have not hooked it up yet but, I just bought a used 1 1/0hp dual thermostat chiller off ebay for 140 which can chill up to 80gallons of water, maintain an aquarium heater too and maintain temps to within 2 degrees. I hope to hook it up today..

Yes the environment matters, so does your tote size as a larger tote will take longer to change temps.
    You can insulate your totes if need be.

I dunno about general hydroponics other than they've been around for years. Here is my much recommended nutrient line up, no checking ph either.

I've also come to the conclusion that a good air pump is worth much more than good air stones. Use a good air pump and the cheap air stones suddenly work great.

Heres my nutrient lineup:
    Advanced Nutrients Big Bud Powder,
    Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Connoisseur Bloom Part A+B Soil Amendments,
    Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Connoisseur Grow 2 Part A&B
    Advanced Nutrients Sensizym Fertilizer,
    Advanced Nutrients B-52 Fertilizer Booster,
    Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin Fertilizer,
    General Hydroponics CaliMagic for Gardening,

So besides insulation, a larger tote or floating water bottles, here are 3 viable solutions, each solution is depending on your res size, so be careful and make the right choice. If you wanna talk some more, just lemme know.

I'm limited in my mobility and physically can't handle soil grows anymore, and this is almost too easy for me now.