My dresser

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Cali kid, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Hi everybody this is my second time trying to post this but here is my grow dresser.

Attached Files:

2. I like.... Not to hip on the leds .. what all ya got goin on in there equip, dimensions? what you looking to yeild? nice clean looking setup bro. def got some class right down to the hygrometer

3. well I wanted to keep it simple. The LED light definitely doesn't do as good but for the money and peace of mind that it wont catch on fire is a definite plus. This grow box was so cheap and is cheap to run less than 20 watts for the entire box. The equip. is a led grow light from amazon im thinking about adding a couple florescent tubes, but the light does ok. I only get an ounce but I just move a couple baby's from my green house in there every two months or so and it keeps me smoking just fine. the two fans were about five bucks a piece and the hygrometer I use in all my gardens there about twenty to thirty bucks and the insulation was cheap I had all the tools and screws. Its a very simple set up nothing two complicated. I built it when I used to rent a room and no where to grow. I fell in love with it being so secret and I stopped buying weed lol thanks for your interest and compliment oh its about five feet wide just under three feet tall.

4. the depth is two feet....................

5. And just like that the black market takes a loss. Makes a good argument for the legalization of marijuana

6. Nothing wrong with keeping it simple. you have that entire box running at under 20 watts????? fans and all?.. im gonna have to do some research on the leds.. so far what ive seen is they are more pricey then prooven but i dont know much about em.. damn, 20 watts huh?... It looks pretty clean and well put together compared to most ive seen. So im sure it serves its purpose well. I think you should be getting more than an ounce though. There is alot of unused space in there. Do you do any kind of training? im not sure what coverage you get from that light but the area looks ideal for a scrog .. maximize your yield by growing horizontal in that space.. but never the less looks good as is.

7. #7 Cali kid, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    ya the led itself is only 13.8 watts. As for training im not sure what you mean exactly in the past I have used a stretch net across the top to tie them down a lil is that what you mean? and Id like to ask you do you think it would grow faster with a florescent or two added in there. I usually expect only an ounce but I often get more than that. If I were to stuff more plants in there which I definitely have the room im sure I could pump out quite a bit. tell me more how you would train them...

8. Lst for sure. Topping and fimming are great as well to maximize yield in small spaces

9. beautiful man. keep us posted.

10. How much carpentry was involved in that? Came out looking great.

11. um the floros wouldnt hurt... cfls or tubes ? cfls you could position where needed the best.. but in my opinion, why not go with a low wattage hid in there? a 150hps wont heat things up too much. of course your whole 20 watt box would become a 170 watt box lol. but for real a 150 is nothing on your electric bill. if you can spare an extra 20 cents a day maybe thats what it will look like on your bill.. nothing....

As for the training scrog all the way in that dresser. You said you have used a screen before. same thing. In that space i would figure out your lighting so that you can blanket nearly the entire footprint of that dresser without darkspots. You already have your led in there so maybe adding cfls around the sides would be a better bet then the hid. i doubt you could fit both the led and a hid evenly.. id throw 3 cfls on each side. 1 in each corner and 1 in the middle. as for the plants and training id go with 3 plants vegged for less then a month, toss them in there with a screen secured over them, let them veg into it for another week and flip the lights. from there on out your just trying to position budsites under the screen where they can get light. durring the first 3 weeks of flower they will stretch and eventually fill out the screen by the time you start seeing buds.. the hard work is done and the reward is a few weeks away.. Only problem is i dont know what kind of genetics your working with. if your not starting with clones or feminized beans dont even bother with a scrog.. in that case lst

The only reason i see that being fit for a scrog is because of how wide/short it is.. When it comes to yield in a place like that nothing beets it.. I built my first dresser and i was worried about height restriction. I thought after building it i may run into a problem finishing my plants and running out of room to raise my light.. my dresser was 37 inches tall. first run i did a scrog and i believe i had about 20 some inches above my light i didnt even need when it was all said and done.. i got 3 ozs off it and that dresser was only just over 2 feet wide.. so i think if you beef up that lighting a bit and consider some different training ideas and youll be pulling yields twice as large as you are now. But having said that your doing fine as is so its all up to you. Good luck

12. Dude awesome cab and totally stealth.

You don't have a carbon filter on there?

Also the LED grow light...why is the wattage so low?? It must be the wattage and rating of the LEDs they used. Cheap Chinese LEDs?

13. Its the difference between high power, and low power, led's. His are 5mm led's, not high powered.

14. Looks good dude, how are temps? Love seeing others also using dressers for stealth grows. :wave:

Edit: just remembered seeing the pics at 76 degrees. Does she ever hit over 80? 85?

15. Nice, pretty much the same panel as mine, but mine is 6 watts. How much did you pay?
    How far do you keep the plants from the leds?
    Also for the flouro tubes, it will help a little, but it will also heat the box a little and add an extra bit of watts.

Those leds are about 1/10th watt each i believe.

16. smokacola scrog is defiantly a better way to yield more, I could not agree with you more. when you ran your dresser what kind of light did you run? hid? and the cfl's I would love to do that. I dont know how I would wire them up? are they easy? and thank you for all of your compliments everybody. please let me know smokacola...

17. If you splice the sockets, its simple. Get some wire nuts and twist the wires together. It doesnt matter which wire goes where because its AC meaning alternating current.
    I can give you more detailed steps if you want?

18. If you are not electrically inclined, definitely just throw some CFL's in there. Don't pull out your LED board though, even though it is too small it is extra light with no heat (net net positive). See the DIY boards for easy CFL construction (Home Depot).

19. for sure ill check into that and when I add those cfl's ill post some new pics thanks everybody.

20. I realize I didn't give enough props. your cab is by far one of the best i have seen. I will be watching.