my dream

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by jradtokin, Dec 14, 2008.

1. #1 jradtokin, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2008
    Alright so this'll be hard to put together into a coherent explanation but it basically started with me getting pretty drunk and stoned yesterday after a Final exam and wanting to catch up on sleep. My bed's always been this place that I love and fear when it comes to sleep; the revelations and answers I have come across while laying in it blow my mind all the time and I didn't sleep in it for a year because of the insomnia and constant cieling-gazing. I took a nap and thought it'd be cool to have a lucid dream (something I've almost figured out to be able to do on command). I later realize I am in some type of void, you can imagine it as being similar to space, no light, nothing to see, etc. I start hearing a song come on and it turns out to be 'Imagine' in which the lines

'You may say that I'm a dreamer, But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one'

(emphasis on the words 'Join Us', I begin to see people for miles all gathered to enjoy themselves and talk and run around)

repeating in an endless loop and they continued to get louder. I start to feel a bit more conscious of my surroundings and hear another song which turns out to be 'Clint Eastwood' by the Gorillaz. The weird part is that I only really started to comprehend it when these lines came around
    'But y'all can see me now cos you don't see with your eye
    You perceive with your mind
    That's the inner
    So I'm gonna stick around with Russ and be a mentor
    bust a few rhymes so mother fuckers
    Remember where the thought is
    I brought all this
    So you can survive when law is lawless
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead
    No squealing, remember
    (that it's all in your head)

That's about the end of the rise towards the craziness that ensued within the next couple of...wait..time? I looked at clocks everywhere and there was no time and it became apparent at that point that I was only there for one reason. I heard a voice and it told me some things, I tried to stare into the figures face but it was almost like a light was emanating from their body, like the sun had been set behind them to blind me and he told me to

'Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace'

So I did and then I really saw things for what they were for. Everything started making sense; we have all been doing this for millions of 'years' and we live as spirits together all being part of one bigger spirit, the one that came to me and said to me that dreams are the connection to this place where we all were one and that the waking life 'realm' was no different, it is a place of physical and material things, always revolving around an exchange of gives and takes and when it gets too insane all you have to remember is that 'its all in your head'

'You think it's fictional
    Mystical? Maybe
    Spiritual
    Hero who appears in you to clear your view when you're too crazy
    Lifeless
    To know the definition for what life is
    Priceless'

I had so much else going on that I will probably never be able to explain. Basically this reality is the same of dreams and if we harnessed it and imagined peace and had peace within ourselves it would reflect on the world as we know it. I remember thinking that this was insane because I'd never be able to explain it but it became my job to tell people about this and to tell them that dying was just the same thing as going back to 'that place' and we could start over if we wanted anytime we slept. Life is just spirits having a physical experience and no matter what you go through, in my case the worst bout of depression, self doubt and manics I've ever experienced, there are always going to be bigger and better things for us.

I figured out everything about how the universe works, there are constant signs and synchronicities to show us that we are on a ride. Ads on television, lyrics in music, movies..etc. Take the upcoming movie 'The Yes Man' for example. When I watch movies their themes stick with me until I watch another movie that touches me in a such a way; I have been a very negative person ever since I moved out for college and I've been down in the dumps for a while about this and that and that and this. All of these things I kept seeing were signs to live my life to its fullest and to let the past go and to be here now. I kept hearing the words 'Live the Dream', 'Keep the dream alive'. I saw revelations of my future and those things we envision for ourselves will one day manifest and we will then realize that we have been living the dream. Any unnatural drug was frowned upon because they were all placebos, there were some that actually took you to a higher consciousness and allowed you to realize that we've been doing this for a while and its ok to let things be perfect, no harmony, just perfect. It's just a dream, we've all hopped on for the ride.

They pushed me away and I woke up and it was about 3 hours after I had gone to sleep. I recall thinking that this was something I couldn't tell people because it was too insane and I'd ruin the 'surprise' but I have this new outlook on life in which I will no longer be living in the past and I will forgive myself for my mistakes. I will learn to live with myself and love who I am because I have a long way to go and millions of possibilities of making this world a better place.

Ramble on, Ramble on

2. This was a truly enlightening post, man. Thank you very much for sharing with us. Life is a big mind-trip. For me, the mind is an appendage of the heart. :)

3. sounds amazing dude. im glad youve had a great experiance. i believe that there is something to learn in everymoment in time and sometimes it even foreshadows some events such as these so i get what you mean about the movies and such. live life and love it.

4. Thanks a lot, I'm glad I could somehow put it together to share it and let other people take it as they will. I've felt such an awesome energy and will to do things again that I haven't felt in years.

The more I think about the dream the more I remember things that I learned. One of these being about the illusion of government being a thought within your head to limit your understanding of how 'life' works. Defining government leaves with 'control of the mind'. The repeating 'Imagine' lyrics let me slip into a state of existence in which there was no government or countries or anything to materialize differences between people and the world. Life is a big rollercoaster in which we can either keep riding or accept that it is in fact only a ride, leading you to death in which case you'll say 'ohh..this is just chillin around as a spirit..cool?', so you come back to the last thing you remember. It happens anytime we sleep. Who's to say that all the memories of yesterday are real? If that was true then you have no choice but to live and not be in a constant state of observation and dreaming and wishing things would happen because in all reality we control it. We've been dying for years but just keep choosing to come back because life is beautiful, it's a gift, and we will always have the choice of eternal life.

Hope that made some sense.