My dog was hit by a car...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BWilliams, Jun 12, 2012.

1. About me: I've had to deal with death and the loss of loved ones since early on in my life. I learned to deal with it but it was never easy. Thinking back day after day of those people I came to love but could no longer be part of my life.

I lost a lot of people I loved. Growing up we caused a lot of trouble. As parents saw the trouble their kids were headed towards they all started moving or going to private schools. I saw death come to friends and family happen often.

I hung around lots of knuckleheads. We did whatever we wanted. I was always real smart but in love with the street life. I always knew how to stay out of enough trouble.

As I got older there became things unavoidable in the life I lived. The friends I had weren't the ones I wanted and the attitude I had was not the one I wanted. I created a monster that was not easy to suppress.

Basically I grew up poor, I was never given all the things other kids had. That's why I loved the street especially. And I found out I could make my own money and be my own boss. It's a dead-end job though.

Whatever....

I live at home with my parents and my sister. My sister decided she really wanted a dog. I had a good feeling that she wouldn't really be taking care of the dog or training it though, and I was right. My mom and sister got the dog and neither of them knew anything. They weren't prepared for a dog.

We had a dog before and looking back I felt real bad at how the dog was treated. No one really treated the dog that good, and I didn't help. This dog would be bigger and more powerful then my past dog. A boxer/border-collie mix so she had a lot of energy and brilliant dog.

I told them not to get a dog because I didn't think it was a good idea (I wasn't ready to take the responsibility that I knew I would be given.) I was not going to see this dog suffer though.

I knew potty-training was the most important thing to make sure this dog was not going to have to be gave away. It was a puppy when we adopted her. I potty-trained the dog and it took a lot of time and patience but the dog became very obedient to go potty outside.

Next I taught the dog some other things like not to bite and nothing too crazy.

My mom gets this crazy idea that the dog just picked up these things and wasn't trained to do it. I took a lot of time with the dog for it to get crate trained and a lot of things.

Anyway, my mother had the dog on a leash outside tied to the front porch. Then she was going to take the dog off the chain to bring the dog inside..the dog got loose and instantly ran off going into the street. My dog is really fast. The dog has got loose times before and thankfully we were able to get her because there's so many cars around here that a fast dog like this will run in the street and will get hit. I'm much more careful though and the dog is not getting loose with me unless I have a leash on and somehow the collar pops off (which has never happened)

I didn't know this yet. I wake up and decide to go downstairs, I like to see my dog first thing in the morning because she's always there happy to see me while she's resting. I see my dog is behind this table. I think that she must have something she's hiding over there because she does that sometimes. Then I come to see her and she hops over holding her one broken paw back and in pain.

I was so sad when I saw this. I put my dog on the couch and said stay right there. She wasn't going anywhere because she knew she was in bad shape. We took my dog to the vet right away and have her in an arm splint.

It was so hard to see this happen to my dog and see her in that pain. I'm so thankful that she wasn't hurt worse and wasn't badly injured. She could've easily been killed. Thank the good Lord.

The Dr. said probably 2 more weeks for my dog in the splint. I can't wait until she can run around like she wants to. She's a great dog and I couldn't stand to lose her this early. She's one years old now and one of my best friends. I love my dog.

2. positive vibes here dude, lets hope your dog heals up nice and quick!

3. I'm so sorry to hear this. You are very lucky. Something very similar happened to my baby a week ago, but he didn't make it. Count every day you have with your dog as a blessing. <3

4. Ive always been a dog lover, and animal lover in general. My sister got this really cool Mutt named Zeplin.Long story short, she needed to give him up from where she was staying. So my parents and I (when i was living at home) took Zep in and we took him as our own. One night when I was at a friends, i got a called he was hit by a car. I literally FLEW home, like it was my mom. Animals become so much our own after a while. He did end up passing and I still miss him like he was real.

5. RIP Zep

I'm very sorry that happened. When my dog was hit the lady came out of her car and was crying her eyes out. My dog laid hopelessly on the ground.

My dog is really the sweetest dog and real cute too. Whenever someone sees her they tell me how sweet she is. I'm not trying to talk my dog up because anyone could do that anyway. But it must have been hard to see the 1-year old pup like that, for me and for anyone.

I'm really sorry for your loss though. A world with only humans is boring. Dogs are such a great companion and one of God's greatest creations. They assist us in so many ways and just love to please.

I look at my dog and tell her she's God's gift to me. Imagine life without dogs? She brings a lot of joy to my life and a great companion. I would never hit my dog either! I hope everyone treats their pets right.

I don't care if you believe in God or not. But to mutilate or abuse a great creation like the dog is despicable. It makes me feel good to have adopted the dog too because who knows what it could've ended up like, that would've been a shame. I wish we had got one of her brothers and sisters too..but then maybe it would've taken away from her a bit.

Adopt a pet and treat them right! You'll love your dog. Get up off the couch and go play some frisbee with your dog. Go take a walk in the park. My dog really makes me laugh.

That was a very nice post michelle, thanks for sharing :)