My dog just died :(

Discussion in 'General' started by MoneyBags420, Apr 27, 2012.

1. My beautiful 7 year old golden retriever Bailey suddenly passed away tonight. She was completely fine yesterday. Today she wasn't herself. I knew something was wrong cuz she didn't want to play with me today, and she didn't get up to greet my aunt or dad who she Always gets up to greet no matter what. The vet said she seemed alright but would get back to us with bloodwork tomorrow. Once she got home she passed. Im so depressed I loved that dog like a sister. Even when we came home from the animal hospital where she is getting cremated I broke down in tears when we got home and she wasn't there to greet us like she always does. She was the sweetest dog I've ever seen she loved everyone. The only time she would bite someone is if she thought someone was trying to fight me or one of my family members she would protect us. Can't believe it she was only seven years old and was fine yesterday I cant believe shes gone.

2. My 13-year-old Beagle/Springer Spaniel just ran away (kidnapped?) today. I am devastated....a devastated grown man, balling my eyes out. I feel your pain.

3. I feel for you homey, lost a dog I grew up with for 18 years a year ago, it hurts. I knew it was coming though, really can't imagine not expecting it. Hang in there, guy. The only constant is change.

4. That's awful man. It sucked when my dog died, he was my brother too! Hope you're good though, stay strong.

5. heyman, that is sad...sorry to hear about it..and you too bluntzilla...though if you had a 13 year old mixed dog, you can rest assured no one prolly stole it...no offense intended...just sayin'...

6. its tough, like loosing an immediate family member.. they are family! they show nothing but love! sorry to hear

7. This dog was so loyal too. She was scared everything like vacuum cleaners, and thunderstorms, but about a year ago I took her along with me to do a deal down the street. The only reason I took her along was because I needed an excuse to get out of the house. Anyways this kid shows up who Im supposed to be buying an oz from in an Suv with 5 other dudes. Immediately I know somethings up he gets out and they say give me the money or were gona beat you up. I tell him- step to me and this dog is gona bite your hand off. He laughs because my dog looks so innocent and shoves me And throws a punch. Once he did that my dog loses it And MAULS this kid.Then this kid takes off running with all his friends it was great.

8. I'm so sorry!

I lost one in December of 2010 and another in September 2011.

The one who died in December,was only 10,but he was a massive dog.

The other was one month shy of 14.

Had them ever since they were little puppies.

Just know that you gave your dog a good life and she was grateful.

One day,you'll meet again,but in the mean time,this gives you the chance to give another dog a wonderful life.

9. This thread makes me sad.

Sorry op.

10. It sucks losin a Man's best friend, especially so young. Sounds like she wasn't in too much pain though. Hopefully she went gracefully. All Dogs go to heaven.

11. I feel your pain man I had to put down my 12 yo German Shepherd last month.

I was sobbing like a bitch.

12. i'm going to go give my dog a hug now. to all those that have lost a pet recently, i am sorry. i know the feeling. luckily i haven't had to feel that feel in a long time..

13. I'm sorry for your loss bro. I feel your pain.

14. I know what your going through OP. Lost my golden retriever I grew up with a few years ago. I was actually present when she was put to sleep. Typing this is actually making me tear up like a pussy but I miss that dog lol.

Im sorry for your loss and I feel your pain homie

15. Yeah,hopefully I don't have to go through that again and if I do,it will be one of my cats,who are the only two past the age 10 mark,but I think those fuckers are immortal cause they look like they did 8 years ago.

I just know I can't handle it happening again any time soon.:(

16. Grew up with a border collie mix and she lived to be 15 years old I think, died of lung cancer.

Got a blue healer mix on 9/11 and raised him from a puppy, will be 11 years old this July.

A few years ago we got a red healer mix, she is so hardheaded n sassy.

Its great how dog personalities differ so much, they truly do make me a happier person and I don't know how they or I will survive when I move out.. :(

Gonna miss my dogs more than my family, I have no doubt. :p

17. #17 junkheadrev, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    Sorry OP.
    People with out pets don't relize how deviating that can be.

Edit: devastating
    Damn phone.

18. I dread my dog's mortality...
    I HATE it, makes me sick to think he'll be or could be gone.
    Truely sorry for your loss OP. S'always tough.
    I'll say a prayer for you and your dog.

19. I won't meet you no more in this world, I'll meet you in the next one and don't be late

So sorry for you dog OP, I can only begin to imagine how devastating that could be :(

20. Sorry to hear that man. On the bright side, I'm sure you made her 7 years awesome! Not all dogs get that.