My dog is sick..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dead Set, Feb 13, 2010.

1. So I'm sitting here after I get off work waiting for a ride home. My 16 year old brother is at home, and is eating snickers or some chocolate bar. He let her lick his fingers, then he goes to play Xbox. He stepped out 20 minutes later and the rest of this candy bar is gone. He flips out, and calls me. She's like, projectile vomiting now. My mom's a cheap bitch, and I'm afraid she won't take the dog to the vet. I'm 24, but I feel stuck. I wish I had a car. Everybody had a way to take her myself. I need good thoughts for my dog. Pics later. :(

2. I wouldn't worry too much. Snickers is made with milk chocolate which might make your dog sick, but unless she ate a huge amount, probably won't hurt her. Only dark chocolate would hurt her in a small dose. She also won't metabolize most of it if she started throwing up; the entire point of puking is to reject bad stuff, get toxins out of your body, and make you feel better.

You should make your brother clean up the puke for being so careless.

3. wow fuck that so whats goin on with the dog

4. If you can't get to the vet (and she lives) you could try to give her some clear Pedilyte (in the baby aisle) and a bland diet for a couple of days (boiled chicken and rice is good-no bones)

5. Put the pup in a bullfight with an even sicker dog.

6. i know quite a bit on this topic dude, im pretty sure she will be fine

dogs have the exact same tolerance for choc as humans do, most dogs that die from chocolate eat pounds and pounds and weigh like 40 lbs

i belive it is 6oz milk choc for every lb is fatal (seizures, system failure)

your dog most likely threw up due to the richness of the candy, just licking choc wont kill them, think about it, your dog eats just dry cereal, so if they eat rich food they might puke, (which is why a lot of concentration camp dudes died after being liberated)

but yeah i think he'll make it through

ps I have a great dane who ate pound of choc, and on another occasion she ate 7 cookies and like 10 choc pastries and 3 dark choc brownies (bakers choc is most dangerous b/c of high cocoa bean content)
    ]

so at worst he might feel a little ill for a few days

hope this helped:smoking:

7. the dog will be fine 1 candy bar is nothing

8. Well, she is lying down now. No more doggy barf, she's just just.... Drooling. Like Beethoven type drool. I spazzed out too much I think. I just love my dog and was upset as all get out.