My Dog is Dying

Discussion in 'General' started by PunkRockZero, Oct 7, 2012.

1. I found out a few weeks ago that my dog has terminal lung cancer and I'm trying to find a way to deal with it. I still haven't broke down about it and really cried. I don't think that'll happen until she's really gone (and there's nothing wrong with crying, it doesn't make you any less of a man if you do..." It's just that I don't know what kind of person I will become when it finally happens. I've always been me, but how much different willI view life after she's gone?

The point is that I have all the memories of all the joy she's brought me and my family (her name is Honey) but recently I've been having problems with heroin so this dog is basically whats keeping us happy and to think that a few weeks down the line she won't be here anymore is more than I have the strength to deal with. I just want to know if anyone is going through something similar right now that can shed some good light on the situation right now.

2. well man i aint goin through it exactly.. none of my pets are dying, but im also addicted to the same.. and if you need/wanna talk pm me

3. thanks, it means a lot

4. dude take that dog on the trip of its life. just make the last of its life the best, you will regret not doing anything...

5. ^Definitely do this. Make that last trip killer and have her go out on a good trip.

6. Dude, my condolences. My dog is 15 years old, so I'm worried. Probably shouldn't mention the substance, but I understand.

7. Grieving is a natural part of death and there is no shame in it. Also, you should look into a new pet, not to replace Honey but to help you out with your eventual loss. Lastly, take care bro, chill out with the big H before it resembles something of a pact between you and the devil. Don't go cold turkey unless you know you got the strength to do so, otherwise, gradually lower your dose until you don't need or crave it anymore.

Everything is going to be all right, I promise. :)

8. #8 ssblind, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
    I don't really believe in prayer,but I will keep you in my thoughts.I love my dog as I am sure you do,and it would be like losing a family member.Just be strong man,all you really can do, and good luck.

And I am sorry if this rubs the wrong way,but your story kind of reminds me of the lead singer of sublimes the day he died.His dog and He were chillin and he OD'd on some heroin.Please don't do that,honestly quit it,it wont help.I wish you the best though for real.

9. my dog droped right in front of me, i knew it was over when he pee'd.

i still miss him almost 2 years later

give your dog as many walks and mc d trip's as you can

when he licks you, let him.
    hold him at night when you go to sleep. when he's gone, things will never be the same again