my dog died

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JJC420, Nov 8, 2008.

1. not sure why i'm posting this on a marijuana forum but its on my mind

so for a little background my dog buckeye has had health problems since he was about a year old. he was diagnosed with epilepsy and a few years later diabetes. he would have seizures from time to time and we had to give him insulin a couple times today. however he was a very happy dog. he had a unique relationship with each person in my family. he adored my mom, he was playful with my sister, he was somehow respectful to my dad while fond of him, and he was my buddy. he'd sit next to me for hours while i watched tv. when i was upset he would come find me and be more affectionate than usual.

he had several periods of crisis with his health. he spent a week or more at the vets several times in his life. each time the vets would tell us he probably wouldn't make it. and every time he would pull through. he was such fighter. i can tell he knew how loved he was because of how hard he fought to stay alive.

i've been expecting him to die for years now but he was just so tough. but every time it looked like the end he fought through it. until last night. i am away at college so i didn't even know it was happening until this morning. i knew he was sick again but i guess i expected him to tough it out. well my dad called me this morning and told me we lost buckeye last night. i immediately teared up but i had to ask what happened. apparently last night he was having seizures worse than ever and howling in misery. around midnight my parents knew he couldn't go on and drove him to the 24 hour emergency vet. he was put to sleep at 1:15am.

i can't even think about this without tearing up. writing it has me full out crying. i don't know how i can be surprised when his health has been so poor but it is really a shock.

i guess i should try to be happy. he fought the good fight for 7 years and was very happy the whole time. from what i've heard he fought until the last minute. he doesn't have to fight anymore. he's finally free.

RIP buckeye this bowls for you.

2. awwwwwww well than the one im smokin is also for him... blowin my smoke in th sky for your poor lil guy

3. I'm so sorry to hear that man. Pets really are apart of the family whether people like to believe it or not. It really is a tragic loss for when pets pass away.

I have two Chihuahua's and I know i'll cry like a baby when they pass away.

I'm sorry to hear that man, stay strong. Maybe you can get a new dog in the future? Again sorry to hear it.

4. it's nice to see an overall goodness come out of humanity. even if it's caused by a tragedy. I send my regards to you, your family, and most importantly your dog.

5. I've had a really close dog to me die as well. I know the pain your going through and I'm so sorry.

Just know he lived a happy life :)

6. im really sorry man.. i remember when my first dog died, i was younger but i was really sad, and whenever i mentioned his name infront of my sister she would jus start balling(it was more her dog and my dad's than anyone, they got her when she was born, and shes 2 yrs older than me) also it was the first time i had ever seen my dad cry, he flew to michigan from cali to get him and my dad loved him..

The dog i have now, im really attached to him, hes a lab and about 1 1/2 yrs old and hes one of a kind and i feel as if hes a part of me(while i was in Europe he was the only animal/person/thing i really really missed).. If anything happened to him i would be devastated.. imma also post a story right now about him that happened this morning, in the true life stories..

7. dude that blows, sorry to hear that. keep your head up though man!

8. I am truely sorry about your beloved friend

9. Sorry bro. But right now Buckeye's in doggie heaven seizure free. Also, in doggie heaven dogs have thumbs so they can hold blunts. He's fuckin rollin man.

10. i like the thought of this.

11. I know its tough, and no matter how hard you try, you can never prepare yourself for such a loss, but consider yourself lucky that he was a part of your life.

the first year is always the toughest, but it gets better.

12. Man, I feel for you. Losing a pet you hold dear is like losing a piece of yourself. You miss the memories, its unconditional love, the little things about its personality that made it so special. I feel for ya, man.

Just know that your dog is at piece now, and no longer is in pain.

13. I had a dog, had him from befor i could remember, not just saying i mean REALLY back when your so little you cant remember stuff.

he was really old, loved that dog.. but some muther fucker shot him, out in county, where theres no leash law, and he was on the street, not somewons property, where he always used to run around the neighborhood.

if i had found out the person, i swear i woulda fucked their shit up so bad then shot em, and been like hows it feel bitch,i didnt give a fuck, now i probably wouldnt but when i found out.. shit. shot my other dog to (she was a lil over a year i think), in the butt, had to take her to the vet, but shes still here =) on the couch right now. =D *goes pet her*

14. Wow, you're story made me tear up. It's so incredibly hard when a family pet dies. My mom's dog suffers from seizures occasionally but the vet says he doesn't have epilepsy. :\ I 'caused' one of his seizures one time cos he gets them when he's excited, and I came to visit and a little bit after I got there he had one. I felt so bad and started crying, but he was alright. I just held him.

Didn't mean to go off track there, but just stay tough and do whatever you feel you need to do to remember him.