My DIY Indoor Setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by geoholl, Apr 18, 2009.

1. #1 geoholl, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    Hi all of you GCr's :wave:I am looking for some input.. have I gone too small on the container?

I made an ebb and flow grow box from a 12w X 24l X 8d plastic container, into this I put 2 - 22" pieces of 4" X 6" Rockwool slabs on the 4" sides so that the rockwool is 6" high. I drilled holes that the rockwool starter cubes fit into nicely, 2 holes in one of these slabs and one hole in the other and have 3 plants growing nicely at this time in a triangle formation. I left a 1/2" gap between these slabs so that when the pump runs and the container fills it does it evenly, I also removed the wrapper from the opposing sides so that maybe the roots will cross that 1/2" gap if they want.
    I have just started LST and plan to go clockwise until I nearly meet the next plant. This is a first grow and I did a good bit of reading before starting but just wonder if I went too small on the container? (it fits nicely into the space I have but I could adjust if recommended)
    I made a CFL lamp hood with 12-26 watt 6500k lights and have it set to 18/6. I just started using nutes at 1/2 strength (GH Micro and GH Bloom using a formula I found here I think), running the pump twice a day for 15 mins. The PH is staying pretty stable and under 6 and I will be changing the solution weekly.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

G

Nirvana P P P feminized
    312watts CFL 6500k
    GH Nutes

I have been uploading pics of the plants since day 4 and they are in my Gallery.

Last week @ 16 Days
    [​IMG]

2. Whoa.. 42 looks and not one comment? Either I am doing it right or I have stumped the GC experts..lol
    Well thanks for looking at least..keep growin'

G

3. well i'm no grower, but thats quite an interesting setup you've got. I hope it goes well.

4. #4 geoholl, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
    Thanks for the reply, I am hoping for the best.. new pics. LST 2nd pin down..

[​IMG]
    More pics in my gallery..

5. lol G I already told you how much I like the setup plants are looking sweet:D

6. Interesting, neat idea, keeps light out etc, keep us informed, rep for inventiveness. :eek:

7. Hey Happy 420 all!!!
    Just an update with pics. These plants are 25 days now and 5 days into LST. I think I have some nute burn on one, I was using 1/2 strength GH Micro and Bloom (Lucas formula) and have gone to 1/4 strength now.
    The first pic is the plant that is showing this if it is nute burn.
    [​IMG]

Here are the others

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking, let me know if I am on the right track about the nutes..

G

8. They are looking terrific growing like real champs;)

As for the nutes I think you did the right thing by going to 1/4 strength better to give to little & if you see signs of them needing more to bump it up, then giving to much and burning them.

Best of luck NC!

9. #9 geoholl, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    Here they are, now 27 Days old 7 Days into LST
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think when the plant on the left gets to the back of the box I will start 12/12. Any thoughts or comments

Thanks,

G

10. Started 12/12 today, switched out the 312 watts of 6500k for 368 watts 2700k. Will update with pics soon..

G

11. Its looking real good man, keep it up

12. word can't wait to see :D

13. Thanks, been toying with the idea of going HPS, but I ran into a clearance at Lowes today
    6 packs of 2700k CFL for under $6.. bought 18.. thats a hell of a lot less that getting HPS and also I would have needed to find a way to deal with the heat.

G
    :hello:

14. Thanks NC,
    I didn't get a pic today, but man they are really bushy. I'll get pics tomorrow... Did you start yours yet?

G

15. #15 NCDROGRO, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    I bet they are! No I have yet to start mine had to wait til payday. Wed. I'm ordering my lights 400W MH/HPS, 2 - 4ft T5, & seeds still undecided on what strains train wreck will def be one it's one of my favs.

Then I just gotta pickup my soil, and other accessories pH tester, another oscillating fan, thermometer/hygrometer, nutes yada yada I can't wait though ready to put my reading & research and all the help from here to work and see what happens & hopefully I don't mess up lol. :)

16. Man I just posted about this to someone elses thread.. Take the foil off and out of there man if you can't paint the grow area with flat white paint or use white paperboard or get some white mylar then your better off just not using anything.. Aluminium foil is not to be used in any grow room op it does not distribute the heat evenly in return causing hot spots and will burn up your plants plus doesn't even reflect that good. If you use a light meter and check the strength of reflection, you will find that white poster board reflects more light than aluminum foil and does so very evenly.

17. Rex,
    I am using Mylar, not foil, never foil, I have seen enough posts here about it.

G

18. Here are the Pics Day 2 Flowering

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

G :D

19. #19 NCDROGRO, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    Wow G my how they've come along look super healthy A+ bro GL - NC :hello:

And get that tin foil outta there lol! :D

20. #20 geoholl, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    Day 37 - 6 Days Flowering

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flushed today, the leaf tips were showing some nute problems. Let me know if I am correct about that.. this PPP really doesn't even seem to like 1/2 strength nutes.
    G