My DIY Grow Box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by EastBayFire510, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hi guys! I have recently started making my grow box that is almost done. The box is: (L=21 In.)(W=12 In.)(H=21 in.). Would it be okay to grow 2 plants in there? I'm worried because it's pretty small. I plan to LST + Scrog.

I have 3 X 80 mm PC fans for exhaust and 1 X 6" Fan.

For lighting I am using CFLs.

6500k = 6 X 30W, 2 X 23W

2700k = 10 X 23W

Will the lighting be good enough for 2 plants?

I do not have soil or nutrients yet, can anybody recommend something that works well and is pretty cheap?

As for the reflective material, what would work better, White Paint or a household foil?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help me out.

2. the box itself might be a bit tight, it would be much more managable to use a box with a height around 32", all the other dimensions being the same.

your fan setup sounds good.

your lighting is more than sufficient, i think your plants will outgrow your box with that much light, regardless of any lst-ing you may do.

i use "roots organic" soil, and i highly recommend it. get it at your local hydro store.

and use flat white spraypaint over foil.

lastly, while you're at the hydro store, they should have a wide selection of nutrients for sale, so you can see everything there in front of you and decide then.

cheers!

3. Thanks for the response!

This gets me thinking of my grow box and need to make a bigger one, but I'm on a budget. Any suggestions for a new grow box?

I will definetely try out that soil, thanks.

4. no prob!

how did you put your first one together, or what was your plan? depending on security needs there are a few routes you could go.

5. My first one was made from an old cabinet. My plan was to do an LST + Scrog grow for two plants. It does need to stay stealth, which is why I leave it in my closet.

Check out my grow thus far, has pictures!:hello:

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...11-my-stealth-cfl-ghetto-grow-first-grow.html