My DIY CFL setup

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Opiumchild, Jul 9, 2010.

1. I'm going to be growing one plant in a 2' x 2' x 6' growbox and I will be making my own CFL fixture. The fixture will have a total of 12 bulbs: 8- 6500k 26w and 4- 2700k 23w bulbs for veg and vice versa for flowering. The total wattage output for the fixture should be around 300w and it should be cranking out 19,200 lumens. Should this be adequate to grow a semi-dank plant you guys think? I'm hoping to make it yield as much as possible as well, I just don't have the money or the space for a 400w HID right now :(, would if i could.

2. how many plants?

3. You could probably grow 3 with a fixture like that. 100W per plant in flowering is generally recommended.

Let me know how build that fixture goes. I'm building something similar on Monday with PVC pipe and 9 sockets.

4. yeah buht you could grow 3 shit ones or 1 amazing one haha i have 1 amazing plant or 2 avrage ones i geuss

5. #6 MuddyTires, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010

nah dude you only need about 100 watts to grow 1 good plant. the general rule i've always heard is 100W for the 1st plant and an extra 50w for each plant after that. i mean yea more light is better but at some point you gotta start worrying about the heat your gonna create with all that light. but i still think that 3 average plants will out produce 1 really good plant. just my 2 cents.

6. fair enuf i mean i have 200w on a lil plant thats about 3 weeks old and shes does fine incredibal if you ask me her 4th set of leaves is 9 bladed:)

7. i would do a screen of green in the space that you have:bongin: