My dirty baby... first, unexpected, grow..

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by La Bella Morte, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Taken from my grow journal on RIU

2nd Entry

I have an update for tomorrow!!!!!! Stay tuned!!!!!

2. Just hang in there! You've got the will and all the help you will need right here on GC!

BTW - are you sure you are not ganking (stealing) your mom's weed plants? I'm from the old school and old school trick 101 is to mix your weed plants in with sunflower plants because they are not supposed to compete for nutes & they look similar enuff in coloration and such to blend well to the naked eye! :D

3. How'd it get there? Hopefully it's not just hemp!

4. Good luck on your endeavor, just watch out growing gets addicting or you will end up like me flat ass broke with a bunch of plants in your room.:D

5. I think she gives me a hard enough time about smoking that it wasn't hers... I honestly think it was pure luck..

Honestly, the growing experience is enough for me even if it is a boy. I think though, with all the luck it has had so far, maybe.. just MAYBE.. it being a girl will be another lucky bonus! :D

Thank you, I know its addicting, I had seeds germing that I decided to give up on..

Anyways, on to my update! You guys will see how much better the pot change has made this plants conditions! I am so proud of it...

6. So, after changing the soil and pot the plant was in, its been doing sooooooo much better!

This is a pic from the 12th
    [​IMG]

Not much change really besides color.. looks good though and was not getting worse!!

BUT!!! I got a picture from my hubby last night, and OMG the change it has made in the past 2 days!!! It looks amazing..

[​IMG]

Hemp??? Thats some pretty hemp right there! lol

Anyways, we bought a new fixture for it, with a splitter and 2- 15w cfl's because I can't afford the big ones right now. I think that if its done so well under the one cfl that was only put on it since the day after the first pic in this post, with 2 it should explode. I am hoping we are not too far behind and that our baby has made a full recovery.. or will soon. All I can say at this point is the only thing keeping this plant around IS pure will power, since I can't even see it on a daily basis..

Man its hard growing through some one else! I can't wait until we get moved at the end of this month and I can finally take back control..

I would love to hear any comments or suggestions anyone has.. and thanks for any you may give, I am super stoked to see how this grow turns out!!!!!!! :wave:

:smoke::smoke::smoke: wake n bake time!!!

7. This just in! Plant grew overnight!!!!!! Pics coming soon!

8. thanks for stopping by my grow. looks like you're on your way. just a little helpful advice from a fellow 1st time cfler, you'll want to get some more watts on that plant for sure. eveyday that it grows bigger it will need more light to sustain its growth. that is strange how you found your plant though, very intriguing.

9. Well even more thanks for checking mine out..

I know I need more, I am just in a small financial jam for the next week or so, and can't even really buy myself cigarettes let alone multiple Cfls, which are pretty pricey depending on where you look... I will have at LEAST 2 26w cfls on it by the 27th, I have a 2rd small one I can put on it as well... I believe its 13w? Anyways, I am hoping my situation does not mess it up too bad, Its not even in my presence right now and I have seen it in person once in the past week which makes it even harder to control the grow...

I need to run off right now but I will post more of an update later on tonight!!! I will try and get more pics.. and possibly a size compairison.. (as it is still really small)

10. hey babe just wanted to let you know i set up my account on here and i remembered that the store im working tonight has the big cfl's i will try to snag some for uor baby... only 11 more days till we can have complete control babe my dad seems to be following our instructions... i will have him take some pics of it tonight and send them too you just make sure you post them so i can see them since im an idiot and forgot too pay my phone bill lmao!!! i love you babe have a good day! :smoke:

11. Yay I am glad you came here babe.. everyone, my hubby! <3 Love you too babe! You're welcome to post about our baby's progress too!!!

12. i heard about this too... they said that some common bird seeds contain hemp seeds, and look pretty similar. but nice find, keep at it and it will flourish. ( hopefully :D )

13. Yeah there is no bird seed anywhere around this apartment.. and the thing of it is... before we moved across the parking lot, and late in summer, early winter, we threw bagseed into that very pot. My theory is, my mother used some if not all of the old soil that remained in that pot, when she planted the sunflowers, and there just so happened to be a seed still there from our stoner escapades. The reason I KNOW 100% that it was from me and/or someone I used to live with, is because my mom bought those sunflower seeds, and planted them herself and the only thing that touches them is water and light. My mother is very picky about her plants. Also, my mother DOES NOT smoke marijuana. If she did, she wouldn't treat me the way she does when it comes to smoking. If she knew I found a pot plant in her sunflowers she would probably have a cow.

I am certain this was an accident of our doing.. not only that, but its so easy to miss and hit a pot when throwing seeds over the patio ;) It WAS growing right by the edge..

I have confidence that this grow will be a positive experience as it already has been, no matter what becomes of it.. :wave:

14. Picture update! Finally... haha sorry I didn't post sooner.

This is from TODAY! She looks great, new leaf sets have 5.. I am not satisfied with her growth honestly but I am very impatient.

[​IMG]

15. So, I was able to get my baby another light.. which will make 43 watts total. She is on a 18/6 lighting schedule and has been for the past week or so. It seems to be doing her well!
    I was also lucky enough to find some plant food under my moms sink. Its 6-4-4 and probably not the best best for her, but I am only allowing him to give about 1/4 a dose for now to see how she will respond. (crosses fingers)

This is a pic I received via cellular device on the 18th
    [​IMG]

How do you think her progress is? I am really walking on egg shells here.. worried about what kind of damage was done when we pretty much lost her! Ugh... being a mother is so damn stressful. :confused:

16. Oh and its been 13 days since we found her! Can't believe its going by so slow.. but putting it in that perspective I guess she really is doing well... =]

17. ONE MORE THING.

Please, can anyone here guess how old the plant was in the first pics posted? I do not know how old the plant was when we pulled it.. and its been hard trying to just 'guess' what stage of growth she should be at.....

18. #18 RustyJay, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2009
    I don't know how old it is depends on a lot of conditions. What type of soil it is in, how much light it got, What the temps were. It looks fine now, if you just keep on the way you are going. My first grow was just water and light and it turned out great. I will generally keep my plants in veg until they are between 14-20 inches depending on the strain i am growing. So it doesn't really matter how far along you think they are you could keep that thing in veg for as long as you want and make her a beast as long as you keep her at 18-6. My problem is I made a couple of them too big in veg and they got way out of control but they were hazes. Anyway keep up the good work nothing is as satisfying as getting ripped off your own herb.:smoking:

and one more thing patience is a virtue you have to learn. It will go by faster than you think.

19. Thanks for your post RJ

I just wanted to stop in with a photo update! Shes doing well... her leaves are a bit curled up.. any suggestions?

[​IMG]
    Look how big she was just 11 days ago!!!
    [​IMG]

20. Our baby is doing well.. I'm not sure about the color but everything else is good. I still haven't seen it since it was re-planted in person.. I am kinda anxious.
    Nothing really has been changed except for me not allowing him to over water anymore.. Got some silver wrapping paper that I will be putting in place soon as well!

Heres a pic I got yesterday.

[​IMG]