My Dank Went Stank--Help?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mrs DD, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Ive just had my first few harvests and I was pretty happy with them considering Its my first time.
    I was happy with the smell at the begining I dried it good hanging upside down (I think good for about 5/6 days) Then I curred it in the jar for another week burbing. Now that it has been in jars a few month it has a musty smell to it.
    ALSO I gave some to a patient who left it in bags in a jar and for some reason put it in a safe for over a month and now it has an amonia smell which she thought meant it molded=( Same strains I have in the jar that maybe smell musty but not the amonia smell.
    ANY Feedback would be appreacited. I hope I posted this in the right spot---Im new at this posting/cite too.

2. Normal drying takes 10 - 14 days, then you start the curing process. You probably stored the flower too soon. Live and learn

3. Thanks guys--good info
    Maybe I am rushing the drying process and I think I may be doing it backwards a bit. I cut down the tree, trim it and then hang
    I thought u trimmed, hung, cure and whole process was a couple weeks.

Is it possible to re-cure/dry to take out the amonia smell? I was worried about mold but nothing is visible.

Im not sure how to friend or PM yet but I will learn ;)

4. Hey there Mrs...love double D's.

Try letting the buds set out for a couple of hours and then put them back in the jar. As long as you let them breath the ammonia smell should go away.

5. Buds should feel completely dry before you jar them. It's not necessary that the stems snap when bent.