My damn cat ran away...

Discussion in 'Pets' started by jizzledfreq, Dec 10, 2016.

1. He's an awesome cat, comes when you call him, lets you pet him as long as you want without biting you.

Well we moved, kept him inside for about a week, just as he got comfortable we let him outside to explore. He came back after a few hours the first time, NOW he ran off somewhere 5 or so days ago, freezing cold outside, just snowed and freezing rain on top of it...

Hope the lil bugger is OK, hiding somewhere nearby, and eventually returning after sometime...

The town is a super small farm town too, so there's A LOT of places he could've ran off too. I though I kept hearing him meow and scratch at the door but no dice...

Tips for getting this timid fucker back? In the old neighbor hood he was king cat, now he's most likely pussing out under a shed somewhere.

• Like Like x 3
  2. He's probably found some awesome pussy.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Owl got em.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah dude my cat left six months ago it sucks still hoping it comes back one day im almost certain the dumpster divers in my complex stole it

5. If he doesn't get killed, picked up by animal patrol or freeze to death, he'll be back. They're not stupid animals, though definitely not at the top of the brain chart as far as animals go, but he left to check out the new digs. I've had them disappear for weeks before, especially males...as they do like their girlfriends. Don't freak out for about a month. But I do hope he shows back up. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tie a live mouse around your neck .

7. the pussy that got away...

• Like Like x 1
  8. I hate cats but this makes me sad.

Sing "somewhere out there" in your best Fivel voice and hope for the best.. I will too.

My crazy aunt said you were supposed to spread butter on his toes when you first moved in.. something about tasting the new digs.

I hope your buddy comes home soon.

9. I love that you care about the kitty kat, it's adorable!

Not much you can do, cats are pretty smart animals. Trust that the cat knows what it's doing and if he/she wants to come back for some foods than leave some out.

10. He's prolly found some feral cats that live in a barn and eat mice all day and sleep all the rest of the time.

11. I know that feeling of having a lost cat, but 5 days isn't actually that long. Cats will sometimes disappear for weeks or even months and then just randomly show up again.

12. Try leaving out his favorite food on your porch. That may attract him. I think also leaving out his litter box might help. Call the local shelters and see if there is a local missing pets group on Facebook. Calling for him at dusk may also help. Good luck! I hope you find your baby soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nextdoor, the social media site for neighborhoods might be an option.

We had a kitty move into our garage last year. We ran ads on craigslist and nextdoor but no one came forward to claim her.

I hope your cat returns soon.

14. That's quite rude to say, you don't know that at all. A lot of people actually care about their pets, and your comment could really cause someone unnecessary pain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 5 days is NOT that long! My girlfriend and I take care of a couple feral cats for the past few years. They can disappear for sometime and show up, I always worry when they don't show up though. Don't worry buddy, please update when you get him.

I feel sorry for all you guys that can actually hate an animal. How's that possible? I highly doubt people who live near the jungle absolutely hate the animals, and they actually try to kill the humans. I used to be ignorant and not like cats, but I was a naive teenager!

16. 5 days is NOT that long! My girlfriend and I take care of a couple feral cats for the past few years. They can disappear for sometime and show up, I always worry when they don't show up though. Don't worry buddy, please update when you get him.

I feel sorry for all you guys that can actually hate an animal. How's that possible? I highly doubt people who live near the jungle absolutely hate the animals, and they actually try to kill the humans. I used to be ignorant and not like cats, but I was a naive teenager!

17. And?

Don't like unnecessary pain, don't get unnecessary accessories.

18. And what dude? I see how you are, that's ok. You're just a lesson learned for the young ones here, don't get hurt by assholes online. Take care.

19. 5 days isnt much. My cat has left months and came back. One thing i do when i havent seen my cat for days is call for her really loud around dusk time. My cats seem to recognize my voice so when there hear me calling them, they know im looking for them. The dont always come right away. But maybe an hour or so later there she is on the front porch waiting for me to open the door. Cats can always wander to new places. A good owner is a owner that worries about there pets :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Exactly! I wouldn't worry about it, I haven't seen one of mine (outdoor stray we take care of) in almost 5-6 days and not too worried. They always come back, I'm going on a quick walk after work to make sure he's alright though.
    xactly