Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My dad...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pancake420, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Ok. My dad used to be a major druggie. Its safe to say he's tried everything. He was also arrested for having over thirty grams of pot, intention to sell, and all that other bs they throw at him. Fast forward to when im like 5. I find a nice size bag in his truck and he gets rid of it by having my uncle tell my mom it was his. Not long later he became a christian and stopped using it to my knowledge. So knowing he was user alllll that time. He has to know its not that bad. Fast forward to Michael Phelps scandal. I said, "What do you think about michael phelps smoking pot." and he was like, "He's the fastest swimmer in the world I don't give shit if he wants to hit a bong."

Fast forward to today. My parents actually like to watch fox news and at about 9:30 I turn it to fox news because I know they are having a marijuana segment at 10 and I wanted to see thier reaction. However, my little brother cried when I turned the channel and we had to watch an episode of tim the toolman taylor or whatever that fuckin show is called. But in this particular episode, thier oldest kid gets caught with pot. My dad didn't catch much though because we were trying to fill out my fafsa and he didn't really comment on it, other than a couple jokes (He's very open about his past). Then I turned it back to the news at 10 and my gay little brother didn't cry.

The pot segemnt came on, and I just asked him. "Do you think it would help the economy?" He was like, "Oh yeah." lol. Then he says, "If they ever legalize it you're mom's just gonna have to leave me alone." We both had a nice laugh to that. I couldn't get much more than that out of him without getting asked if I used myself. The thing his, I can tell he'd love a joint. He's always depressed because he's not able to work as much as he had been and had to get a job taking care of mentally disabled people and can only do his other job about half the time now.

I really wanna offer to smoke a fatty with him, but im afraid. He is still a christian and my mom hates it. Also I know that my older bro got caught with some drug in his room and he got in trouble. But I never figured out if it was weed. I asked my dad twice and the first time he said it didn't matter and he ignored me the second time. Should I open up to him. My friend did the same thing to his mom (but she was never a user and she's ignorant) and she got pissed as fuck. I don't wanna offer a bowl and end up losing my stash and getting grounded, but at the same time, a joint with my dad sounds like the coolest thing in the world.

2. I know where you are at right now, I've been down that road. If I were you, I would just wait for the golden opportunity, it'll come sooner or later. ;)

3. This seems like the best advice to me. Just have patience on this and you'll know when the time is right.

4. Grounded lol.

Assuming your 18 such a thing wouldn't happen man.

5. if you want to speed it up i would just say it kind of jokingly at first, and just see what his reaction is, if he seems like he would do it than just work your way up to really asking him

6. haha, awesome story man.
    But I'm a fairly devout Catholic, and I don't find marijuana to be morally comprehensible at all! I suppose the only sin that it presents is the fact that it's illegal and Christians are called to follow the laws of the land too.

Ask your dad why he stopped just because he's a Christian now...he'll have to come up with a reason besides the legality of it.

I love being the pothead AND the church-goer. People can't seem to put the two together though, so they either know me as the kid that smokes weed or the kid that likes church. lmao.

7. Yeah, to be honest I'm not sure how you'd get grounded at 18. Your parents must be really tough (and from your story it doesn't sound like that) if they still ground you past 18. I don't know anyone who got grounded after age 15.

8. You mean morally REPrehensible. What you said means that smoking marijuana makes no sense in a moral way.

9. My bad! I always get the two mixed up. Thanks dude.

10. You act like im not 18 because I live with my dad or something. And yes, they can can ground me even though im 18. They pull that, living under our house and our rules crap

11. Same here dude, I hate that shit.

12. Damn guys, that blows. Seriously, I don't think I know anyone that's been grounded that late in life, but who am I to say your parents aren't hardasses?

13. Got caught smoking weed a few months ago, and my parents though I needed a fucking intervention! And it's weird because usually they're really chill.

My mom started crying and everything.

14. Yeah my parents use it against me. My parents WILL do what they say they are going to do. My older brother threatend to move out when he turned 18 and my dad went in his room and through his shit outside.

15. Probably not a guy you want to ask to smoke with...

16. No he's like anybody else. When he's pissed he's pissed. I can't remember what it was but my brother did something to piss him off beforehand. So the argument kinda worked its way into it. anyways, thanks for the replies you guys. I'll probably wait for that golden oppurtunity, and speed things up when I can.

17. Actually, throwing someone out of the house is not really normal, no matter how pissed.

18. Well he didn't actually go through with it.