Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My dad refuses to watch The Union

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Capnfalconpunch, Jan 5, 2013.

1. He found out I smoke and is convinced that smoking weed is bad for you and that movies like The Union are "hippie propaganda". How can I get him to watch it with an open mind?

2. Tell him liberals are in it? Which there is.....

3. Giv'em a good falcon punch.

4. Some people are hopeless honestly. Propaganda has been shoved down their throats too long.

5. You're not going to.

Just live with it.

6. This. Even if you did convince him to watch it, he wouldn't REALLY listen to what is going on. He'd still dismiss the whole thing as "hippie propaganda."

Some people won't even recognize the medical benefits until they themselves are going through radiation treatment for cancer and cannabis is the only thing that helps them keep their food down.

It really is that ingrained in some people's minds.

7. You'll never convince him, he's been brought up and lived in a culture of cannabis prohibition propagated through lies. To prove that a large part of his life is a lie would hurt him so he instinctively protects himself from it. This is why you see more young people open to change than older people.

8. sigh... my parents still refer to weed as dope, its sad how brainwashed the babby boomers are..yet they have no problem getting drunk which messes me up more than pot ever does.

9. I never called it "dope" until I started watching too much Trailer Park Boys. :rolleyes:

10. if its that important to you that he watches it with an open mind, maybe make a deal with him?

11. Start with some WebMD articles and PubMed Studies? They are a LOT harder to dismiss as "Hippie propaganda"!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006) EXCELLENT ARTICLE!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain
    Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain

Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain (news - 2004)
    Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain

Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation (news – 2007)
    Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain (news – 2003)
    Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill
    Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

For more actual studies, click that first link in my sig! You'll find all sorts of goodies!

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.aacrmeetingabstracts.org...searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=1760&resourcetype=HWCIT

Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol induces apoptosis in human prostate PC-3 cells via a receptor-independent mechanism. (abst -1999) (apoptosis = death) Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol induces apoptosis in h... [FEBS Lett. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI

Think about your grandparents and what ails them- look for studies on those conditions!

Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

12. you're the conservative lawyer's son? Yeah. good luck

13. Tell him that he can't just believe the "commie propaganda", maybe it will work if you give him the red scare!

14. The Union wasn't even that great to be honest. It's so one-sided toward pro-pot that I couldn't even take it seriously at times, and this is coming from someone who smokes a fair amount.

15. I thought it was great how they just went through all the myths and disproved them all. I honestly cant see it not being able to change someone's opinion! Unless they're just too brainwashed.. :rolleyes:

16. I straight cursed out my father when he called marijuana dope once. Told him something like, "really?? when was the last time you went and mainlined a nasty ass brown syringe of marijuana and rotted your teeth out and died in the streets? because THAT is dope. know what the fuck you are talking about or you don't get to have a proper debate with me."

then he told me how marijuana makes you stupid. told him how it only affects the Anandamide receptor in the brain, and there are no permanent effects, and how HIS alcohol habbit destroys neuro-receptors in his cerebral cortex, midbrain, brainstem, and cerebellum. his response, "...huh"

17. Haha fucking classic!! I would've been like....

Attached Files:

18. x'D haha excellent attatchment

19. I just watched the Union last night and it is full of some great information for sure. Highly recommended to those that want to learn the truth.