My Dad is my Dad.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KushedResin, Mar 23, 2013.

1. My biological father was a dumpy ass white con artist from a sick and twisted family of mental illnesses, incest and physical/mental abuse(not counting run ins with the law). He left my Mother, sister and I the Christmas Eve I was 4. About a year later my Mom meets the only man I could claim to be my Father. He's African American and in the last 14 years has never left or hurt me. When I was in school I never mentioned my parents, what kid does but then my Dad came to school with me on a few field trips. Throughout school there after I was told that he wasn't my Father by other kids, that he adopted me, that he was my "STEP" dad, that he was my SLAVE and so on. The one who made me didn't want and then they turn around and try to make me feel like the real Father who did want me, isn't really mine, because we're a few shades apart. He gave me his name and he is MY Dad. There is no 'step' to it.

I've been really emotional lately and had to finally get that off of my chest. I've been graduated for 5 years now and it still eats at me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't worry about it, from the sounds of it the man who has been your father for most of your life probably shits on the fathers of the lil shits that gave you so much shit ;) The way they act is a reflection on those that raised them.

3. I think its really beautiful that you have reacted this way.. It's so clear how much you love your Dad and it humbles me. But, it's sad that a color has called into question the "authenticity" of your Dad. People are awful.

4. I don't have a dad either he liked smack more than me but who cares that's understandable I suppose, it probably feels better than a child screaming in your ear. Some "men" just can't handle their shit, but I couldn't care less I'm independent and can do shit on my own. But now I'm a dad and I take care of my fiancee and my son, just don't be like your biological father and your'e doing good. And forget people that are saying "step" just because someone more or less acted as a sperm donor and then dipped isn't a Dad at all. I would say the Dad or Father is the one who has spilled blood,sweat, and tears for your well being.That's what makes you a Dad not the biology. But yeah I didn't have a Dad just a Grandad and my Mom and Grandma even accidentally call him my Dad sometimes because he's more of a Dad than my real dad was lol.I don't correct them either, I would probably be a screw up if it wasn't for him.

5. Hey man love has no boundaries

6. Where in Africa is he from?

7. My Dad has the same messed up past family life, he grew up in the hood but HE MADE SOMETHING of himself, he got out and is giving his kids what he never had, and in return we give him what HE never had as a kid. He never got presents as a kid(being the oldest, when we visit them, they still don't give him anything to this day but they did us), WE are the ones that make sure he isn't gift less on a holiday now. He deserves it. As for my biological, last I heard he wasn't in the best health, and working a blooming onion stand for a traveling carnival in Arkansas. Go figure.

8. He'd probably love to see what you said, good on you man :smoking:

9. Hopefully the scenic sunset part with the lone tree and giraffes. :cool:
    I have always called him "brown" but after being corrected so often I chose the most common form of addressing when being public-ish.

He's from Delaware.

10. People have their demons that follow them. Don't blame your father because I'm sure he's not all happy working at a carnival. You just need to get over it and accept that people don't all have the best lives. You don't know what kind of abuse he had to endure. Maybe he left because he didn't want to hurt you. You don't need to kick him while he's down. Without him you wouldn't exist. If he didn't physically abuse you and just left then you need to just find a way to accept it. You don't know the whole story either You only know what mom tells you but you don't have his side. Maybe if he could've took you and went away maybe he would have.

I'm not sure how you know how he works at a carnival now. And I'm surprised a con artist works at a carnival.. must be a real smart guy. :confused:

11. It takes work to be a good father. Its too bad about your real dad, sorry to hear.
    My friend just had a baby. I wasn't surprised cuz he's a dumbass, he's got a lot to work on. When I asked him if he was ready for it he said no. Here's how he described it... "she said cum in me, and I was like arrite" its a shame. He's girls family hates him

12. He's old as balls now and wanted in multiple states because of his past, he was indeed abusive to all of us I do remember. He made the wrong choices. There is no sticking up for it when my Dad had it harder and made better of it.

13. Yea, I forgot he's from the HOOD in Delaware. It had to be tough.

14. Well seeing what bullshit went down JUST while we were there, I can only IMAGINE what it's like all the time or was in the past. So say it how you want, my point remains.

15. #15 Wiseguys, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    And you've been graduated from high-school for 5-years? lol...smh

Just wondering, what does your "dad" do for a living or is he a stay-at-home father?

16. Fuck if I had any member of my family who was black and someone called them my Slave I would destroy them.