My Dad is Becoming a Cop

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Red Blaze, Jan 27, 2014.

1. [quote name="fearjar" post="19417159" timestamp="1390854467"] There are no good cops. Their loyalty is to the badge and the brotherhood. If a cop shoots you, it is to kill. They use a TAZER as a tool to get compliance because they are too lazy or fearful to take you down using "matched force"...And if you are shot...you reached for your waistband....No cop has ever come forward and said that his partner was wrong. No cop has ever testified that another cop was unjustified in the abuse or assault he meted out to a person because he had a bad day...Why is that? In your world is it because ALL cops are above reproach and "good"? Or is it because they cover for one another so as to not be outed, retaliated against, to protect the image of the force? As long as they cover for one bad cop...they are all bad cops. Hell, if you cover for a buddy that is called conspiracy and it's a felony. Fuck cops. Just because you are a criminal doesn't mean you won't do the right thing sometimes....same goes for them. Cops are indoctrinated. And they are a danger to the public. Any abuses covered up by a cop should lead to dismissal, and execution. Any man who wishes to be a cop should do so at the risk of losing his life for any action that costs the life of a citizen without warrant. And just pointing a gun doesn't count. Our military has to wait until they are fired on. These pussy cops panic and shoot fifty rounds to hit one guy 6 times and 9 people who had nothing to do with it.You are crazy if you think cops have an ounce of heroism in them. Even scumbags do the right thing sometimes. [/quote]you sir are correct you brought a whole diff perspective to the table and respect your opinion honestlySent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Be wise with words and keep your distance from now on. Chances are he's just a grunt cop and associating with him would have more drawbacks than benefits.

3. Yea it will definitely be interesting. It worries me that it is so easy for somebody to do this. He is basically a maniac and it worries me that pretty much any average guy can become a law enforcement officer. It's just too much power gained in too little time, in my opinion. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Blackmail him so that when he has authority you have control of the situation. 

5. I know pretty much all the cops on my city because I work closely with 5-6 of them a day. Some of them are pretty good people, half of them are assholes who enjoy power.

6. I live in a small town, and I know a few state police, I'll even have a few drinks with them at the pub. One or two I consider friends. Good men.... bad cops! They know how I feel. And I have no problems telling them. The funny thing is... I've never had one that takes the brunt of my logic disagree about the indoctrination or the bad cops being protected by them... Which tells me they know it. And know it is inexcusable. Some of the older ones are retiring, and they are the ones established enough to say fuck the status quo, and make those field decisions. Even a few of the younger ones complain the LE work is not what they expected to be doing and that it is revenue generation. But to continue doing it? No principle. Someone else will just fill the position they say.
    We need to go back to elected Sheriff's with deputies that don't have to go to academy.... Constitutional law is all they should concern themselves with. And make them accountable to the people they work for. State Police should be given the choice to go to work for the county or leave, and all of them should be forced to do four years in the military. If they can't cut it there why would we want them on our streets? The military is taught to uphold the Constitution. Police to subvert it.
    Police have become a privatized paramilitary organization whose sole mission is to protect the corporate interests of the state and the private prison systems that fund their toy purchases.

7. My girlfriends dads corrections officer, hes cool though. Aided in some underaged drinking on new years xD

I think we all have that special whore somewhere in our lives.