Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My dad is allergic to weed?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by akkariacher, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Hey guys, so my dad uses marijuana to temporarily cure his back pain. He needs surgery but his insurance is really crappy so they have been refusing his surgery, thus resorting to edibles and smoking marijuana. Thing is each time he eats an edible or smokes he gets extremely itchy and enflamed all over his body. I was wondering if there's anyway to rid of this allergy and also wondering if he smoked dabs if that would prevent the allergies? Considering there's no pollen in the dabs. Any help is appreciated? Marijuana is the only thing that gives him pain relief but it also causes major allergies.

2. #2 TheeJayLopez, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Antihistamine is the only way to subside, it's not the pollen that hes allergic to. Peanuts don't have pollen and plenty of people are allergic, just for an example... If he's truly allergic, in my opinion he's risking anaphylaxis. But you and him are there to witness the reactions .I would say (not recommend) that as long as he doesnt start to feel his throat swell, benedryl should help with the redness and itchyness . It sucks his insurance isn't good enough to keep him well. I hope hes able to medicate well enough to get him through. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hopefully theres no pollen in the bud cannabis is male or female so as long as its not seeded there should be 0 pollen.
    Where you getting your weed from and when did it start

Could it be the grower you getd it off uses a spray to keep bugs away that he may be reacting too then id look in to it he allergic to some.essentail oils and are you getting a strain that high in that perticular essentail oil

My wife is allergic to tea tree oil makes her short of breath.

Cannabis can mimic 140+ essentail oils
    You could try decarbing the cannabis he smokes first to a bit under thc vaporising point that will vaporise alot of there terpine essential oils.

But as said depending how bad it could be it could get bad but if its just itching cetrizene is a good antihistamine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. My wife is allergic to weed, or maybe the THC...
    Anytime she smokes or eats and edible she gets sick and pukes until the effects wear off. However, she can touch, smell, and be in the same room as people smoking without an issue.

Not really sure that helps, but there ya go.

5. Tried using a cbd with the edible might help counter some of the nausating effects also go got sativa:)

6. He might have to block his H1 and H2 histamine receptors.

7. I g
    I get my weed from a medical dispensary a few hours from me. I was thinking he could try thc cartridges?

8. Speak to the medical dispensary maybe try a strain with different terp profile

• Like Like x 1