My Dad, a secret stoner

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rollitup420, Oct 29, 2008.

1. #1 rollitup420, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
    So I have been smoking for only around 4+ years now.
    My parents have caught me on numerous occasions. My mother, of course, simply was very saddened to find out that I was using "drugs". My dad was angry with the fact simply because I was in highschool (16) and he believed this was way too young to be smoking.

It wasn't until recently that I figured out my dad also shares a liking for cannabis. I have never actually confronted him about his using and Im pretty sure he's oblivious to the fact that I know. I think he is really uptight about his smoking and doesnt let anyone know (including my mother). I often catch him out in the garage apartment on the computer listining to internet radio (Little Steven's Underground Garage) with bloodshot eyes whilst basking in a room smelling completely of pot.

On one such occasion, I did some spying and found my dad's one hitter and a baggie that was encrusted with keif which it seems he had just finished smoking the last bit of. I also found a purple BIC that happened to be my lighter that he had found in my car and never said anything about and just took the liberty of using it for his own uses.

My question: I dont want to smoke with my dad because no matter what, I dont think parents should use recreational and illegal drugs with their children (in my mind that isnt right). Do you all think that I should confront him about his smoking or next time I am suspected of smoking and they bring it up should I mention his own smoking habit? (of course i would not say this to my mother in order to keep his secret safe). I dont want to sound like the immature kid calling his father a hypocrit but I wish that we could have some more honesty between each other when it comes to marijuana.

What do you all think?

2. You are too young to be smoking young man. :wave::smoke:

3. My dad is similar, he is kind of pissed that I smoke, but I've been smoking since I was 12, so he's cool with it.

He smokes a lot, but gets pissed when i do, I don't get it.

4. JofD, Who's to say he's too young to smoke? I first tried it the summer going into high school

5. ???? he didn't even say his age. he said his parents believed he was too young to be smoking when he was in high school...

6. i think he was just mocking what I said that my father told me when he found out. but yeah, I'm 18 now so no one is to say Im too young to be smoking other than the law I suppose.

7. have you spoken with your father about his smoking? if so, the results?

8. I found out my dad smokes too. Havent confronted him. Aint planning on it. It would only cause harm. Think about it. What I "dont know" wont do any harm.

9. ive grown up with my dad smoking hash all my life.. i never really quite understood wat it was, because i never dared asking him, he never rolled in a public place, he would tell me to go somewhere else when hed be rolling at home... it was always like he was a lil ashamed of it and providing a bad example. one day, he finally got the balls to tell me EXACTLY wat it was, but of course by then i already knew it was a drug. i think i was about 10 lol

and when i said i grew up with a smoking father, well my best friend's parents smoke hash too. cuz they were friends in highschool..
    anyways he and my best friends parents caught me and him smoking this summer for the first time. and they werent really mad. my dad gave me a small lecture. (they caught us cuz we ran out of weed, and my friend had the great idea of stealing their very last tiny piece of hash!) and his mom told him that shed have preferred if he'd asked for it!!! HAHAAHAHAH we were so shocked me and him!! we were like, all that for nothing!!! we could have asked!!!!!

ah well he knows i smoked, he knows i quit for soccer season. and he probly knows ill start again when it ends on thursday!!! =]]

10. hahah i am 18 and just found out my dad is a stoner i found his weed and smoked it so he knows that i know that he smokes but i didnt confront him about it cause our relationship isnt like that but maybe once i get older i could shack a bowl with him or something but for know i am just going to keep it to my self. he has also caught me a couple of time and knows that i smoke so we both know but havent said anything about it

11. this is actually a possibility. next time i find weed of his, ill smoke the last bit of it and see if he says anything to me. nice insight

12. Yeah sorry i was just mocking your old man, jeez guys! MY parents and I have smoked our whole lives, as well as my sisters, but for some odd reason I have never ever smoked with any of them..... quite odd.

13. smoking his stash is kinda mean.

What about. You leave him some nugs in his baggie and see what he does. The worst that can happen is that he thinks that its his and just smokes it.

14. ur dad just wants u to have a better life then hes had.

15. why dont all you guys just say
    yo dad
    tryin to hit a blunt?
    your relationships will improve
    but it might be awkward for the first like minute
    and then you both start geekin and he teaches you how to take a hit like a man.

16. What's this "parents blazing with their children is not right" bullshit? You're not a child anymore man. Get past your mentality and chill with your dad and blaze, you're both human and now you share a common interest.

17. dam i wish i chould burn with my dad but he hasnt toked in over 30years. also i can never get drunk with my dad since hes an acholic. if u get the chance to burn one with ur old man u take it!

18. My dad knows I smoke, laughs when he smells it in my car. He's sad because he can't smoke anymore because his job has completely random drug tests. My sister smokes, but my dad doesn't know she does, and she doesn't know that my dad knows about me smoking! Don't starve yourself of a possible great time and legit bonding time over a few bowls with your dad, you never know if you'll see him tomorrow man. At least try once.

19. ha, i can relate to a lot thats been said.

i sorta want to tell my dad that i smoke, my parents have no idea... i know that my dad smokes, and that my mom is cool with him smoking, and i think she does it herself on occasion.

i just, i dunno... dont really have a good relationship with my dad... i would feel way to awkward telling him, or even letting him know that i smoke. but sometimes i wish that i would get caught just so that they knew, and who knows, maybe we could smoke together, but i dunno, it would seem so weird. i try to avoid those sort of uncomfortable situations.

20. Just be like

"YO DAD LETS GO BLAST A KEIF!!!"