3x2 Flower Tent w/ BP-2500

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dropinbiking, Mar 19, 2022.

1. I took a lot of time off growing, and the forum, but the end of January I decided to give it another go. I figured I'd share my simple budget friendly setup that I started back up with.

Scored a Bloom Plus BP 2500 new in box for $100, steal of a deal.
    Got a fresh bag of perlite and worm castings. About 20 bucks.
    Scored a wicked deal on my Lumo-x 3x2 tent for $80.

Already had a big cube of promix HP, and some 444 & 284 left from Gaia Green.
    PC fans were el cheapo's I had from way back, driven on a 9v wall adapter. Nice and quiet, plenty of flow. No need to filter in this house.

I also boxed in a little veg area in the side of my closet. Just some press board painted flat white, an old ViparSpectra v300, and a crappy old fan. It works just fine to get some spring plants started.

Setup overall has been working great, seeing 25 degrees 55% the last couple weeks. Flipped to flower 6 days ago, they were only about a month old, so taking a bit to make the transition. Still have the light turned down quite a ways, with room to spare to raise it or turn it up.

Feel free to ask any questions, comment, or give ideas on how I can improve the setup. Trying to keep everything streamline and in one area. Flowering, veg, and supplies, all in one stop. Growing weed is great but it sucks when you spend a million dollars to do so. I'm hoping the tent doesn't get too crowded by the end of flower.

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5205.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. get a bigger fan . Its needed in flower . I use box fans hang from the roof. Put it on low .

• Like Like x 3
  3. I can turn up what I have if need be. I've got 1 on the intake duct, 1 on the exhaust duct, one on the light, one hanging from the light, and one on the floor. Can add more but I think I should be good. I am keeping an eye on it though.

• Like Like x 4
  4. [​IMG]
    ripped and late I'm staring at your pic, I do that too, my bet is you Geranium's are the sth African 'red flower'
    thats got great vitality I've had that in my garden now for 5?years along with pinks, dark dark red,
    lemon purple, all great for keeping bugs at bay, I've lately moved into magnolia's, this latest crop ion yellow with orange bursting forth soon ...lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Sounds like you know your flowers better than I do, but yeah they are South African. I've got a few more kicking by the window, I didn't realize they are a low light plant (compared to weed) I sort of torched them under my flower light, they are happier in the veg area.

I've also got a couple different peppers going, and going to try some cucamelons for the first time. Also got some basil and other herbs started.

• Like Like x 5
  6. nice work

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. cucamelon????

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Supposed to grow into little cherry tomato sized cucumbers, that look like watermellons.

CucamelonBC__85877.1640912251.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. I've currently got patio tomatoes and chilies underway at the moment, both tomatoes and strawberries are my grow room favorite

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wow, that's pretty cool, I'll have to look into finding the seeds for the outside garden

• Like Like x 3
  11. Thanks for showing your set up, I like the pc fans and curious to see how they work out. With the light you said you flipped to flower and still have the intensity turned down a bit, are you checking with a lux meter, or par meter preferably, to set your light? Just curious why your holding back on intensity if it's flowering time.

Sent from my BE2028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  12. Plants show no sign of needing more light, they aren't stretching. They turn and pray up near the ends of the day. When I first installed the light I had it too intense, I could tell the plants didn't like it. So I dimmed and raised it until they were tthe most happy.

I did just switch to flower, they're getting about the same amout of light they've been getting thru veg, as the weeks go on and the canopy starts to slow down, I'll start slowly turning up the light

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. So basically just using your experiences and knowledge to set intensity. Cool man good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sort of. I looked at some rough PPFD charts for the light, assumed mine would be better because it's in a smaller space, and assumed that dimmed to 50% (about half the wattage output of full power) I'd get about half the light output. Nothing exact, but I was getting small yellowing cupped new growth. After raising the light and dimming it more, the new growth came out greener, healthier and larger.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I'm new at growing so I was more just curious, but I'll adjust my lights based on what I'm trying to accomplish. So sometimes I'll adjust my par back down closer to 300 if I want to get some lower newer growth to try and play catch up to the canopy. I have no real proof other then I do what the plant seems to like or not based on the way it reacts. Seems like you got a system that works well, Ive read a lot of flower at full throttle, not a lot of 50% so I figured out I would ask. Thanks for taking the time to respond, I'll go back to learning.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I figure there is no point giving a plant more light than it can happily soak up, and every light, and every plant will be different, so any numbers are kind of irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Quick update on the garden. Plants are filling the tent nicely with minimal training. Been exploding the last week. Gave them a light top dress and a full soak a few days ago. They're still stretching, I think I timed the flip right.

Turned the fans up a little bit, turned the light up a touch but left it at it's current height.

Planning on pulling the plants out and give them a defoliation before the end of the week.

Veg area also doing well, peppers growing nicely after transplant, geraniums doing well.

Ground onions doing well.

IMG_5255.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

IMG_5259.JPG

IMG_5261.JPG

IMG_5230.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. #18 dropinbiking, Mar 26, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    Transplanted one of the pepper plants today, also transplanted the Sour Diesel I had started. Happy white fuzzy roots. The geraniums are exploding. Running out of room in this closet. Geraniums are getting kicked out soon to make room for more peppers and tomatoes, and probably another weed plant or two. Ground cherries and onions are doing alright, basils doing great.

Will report back on the flower tent later, just giving them a drink and cleaning some things up.

EDIT: Sorry for the blurple pictures of the veg area, took some better ones under proper lighting.

IMG_5266.JPG

IMG_5268.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. if you knew the desired light intensity of each plant species would put you in great favor?

• Like Like x 2
  20. I've got an idea of what some of the plants like. Luckily my veg light is pretty weak, and cannabis really is the most light hungry plant I have. A few things have been getting a little over exposed but I try to move things around or pull them away from the light if needed.

• Like Like x 3