My credit card info was stolen after order to Attitude

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Cactus Ed, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Rignt on. That's exactly why I felt secure enough to order seeds with my household credit card. It's those millions a times daily that lets me believe my puny seed orders will go completely un-noticed by the man, and hopefully by his banks of servers, too. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Now some peoply work around this by sending cash instead of using their card. That must test the integrity of the people opening those envelopes. I see them standing around a big table naked opening envelopes with video cameras everywhere and I guy with a swarthy complexion and acne scars standing in the corner with sunglasses and an AK.

2. [quote name='"WildWill"']If you actually KNEW how insecure your entire life is you'd be shocked. EVERY TIME you use your credit card at all the information is sent through the internet. EVERY TIME. Once it's swiped at the merchant your info is sent from the credit card service provider to what's called the Automatic Clearing House - via supposedly secure internet connections - the strongest legally possible. The ACH then sends that to your issuing card provider who verifies whether or not you have the funds and sends back an approval code. This is all done in seconds but it's done MILLIONS of times a day.

Those supposedly secure channels are where most of the credit-card theft is done.

You have no control over it. Except not to use your credit card. Fortunately there are entire departments called Risk Management that all they do all day long is look for fraud.[/quote]

He's right. I bought (ordered) something from Harrods in England a few years ago and the next week VISA was calling me asking if I was in Paris buying coffee and magazines. Hackers.

3. Seriously... ..... ... would you please just "READ" the post and try some simple comprehension exercises before spouting off.

I said; 500,000,000 "RECORDS" breached, not unique people. There can certainly be multiple times an individuals "RECORD" was breached.

You "know" I was exaggerating? Ok chief, I'll bite. Please provide us with the citation or evidence that supports your "knowing" I was exaggerating. This should be good since you apparently haven't a single clue what I was talking about in the first place.

Oh, here's mine Chronology of Data Breaches | Privacy Rights Clearinghouse Scroll to the bottom... you should see a figure similar to "Breach Total 542,986,296"

and finally.... I wasn't trying to "prove a point". I provided that information to hopefully comfort the OP by letting he/she know they weren't alone in such compromises.

4. oh my god dude stop bitching out everybody who comes into your thread, you're making yourself look like the largest anus I have ever seen on this site

5. I as thousands of others have used Attitude without any problems.:wave:

MOF..I'll use them before thinking of using any other seed bank service...:cool:

6. My final conclusion:

you are your own punishment

7. seems to me that the lack of any other complaints means it was something on your end Lat.

a few years ago when the Tude WAS being hacked, it was between the Tude and the "secure connection" to the bank. there were lots of complaints overnight, on multiple boards. this time .. only you :(

sucks I know.But like I said in another thread.. good thing you are on top of your bank/accounting.

to the rest of the hot heads in this thread.

Dudes cut the guy some slack!!! he just got ripped off and wanted to shoot Us a heads up.. Sure, he could of been more couth about it, but who here has always remained calm and cool ?

Wharf

8. Well, individuals really don't have much risk involved in buying stuff over the nets. BUT if the US Government figured out what the seed company was doing, the company would go down faster than you'd think. Using credit cards to buy illegal substances (according to the feds) is wire fraud and they don't fuck around with that stuff.

When I worked for the credit card processing company we actually had a list of types of companies we would not deal with due to the risk involved. That included adult book stores, Medical Marijuana dispensaries (which sucked because I could have gotten commission from TONS of those), and such. If the Feds want to make a case the processor and the store goes down, the individual not so much.

Oh and OP you really need to tone done the vitriol you're throwing around. You're getting shitty responses because you're giving off shitty vibes. Don't get yourself infractions because of it.

AKA - be nicer to folks.

9. Damn. If I ever have a seedbank problem I sure am not going to post it otherwise people will bitch me out too :) Seriously, I'm with OP on this one for the most part. He just posted his experience and everyone ragged on him. Sure he shouldn't have used his own credit card for multiple reasons, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to gangpile on him for trying to let people know what happened.

I'm waiting for a seed order now myself (not from attitude). I guess if it doesn't come in I shouldn't share that since people who like the particular seedbank are going to rag on me if they got their seeds ok?? I think people are being too hard on the OP.

10. #30 Raizor, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
    So far to me, you seem like a bigger ass than the OP. The OP only warned people about his experience, and all you are the ones that started bitching at him saying he's whining. It looks to me like you guys only read the first part of his posts because you guys are too lazy to move your eyes back and forth.

Name-Calling/Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR

11. my cats breath smells like cat food

12. Thank you so much for the comfort. But if you were not talking about credit card info being breached, what does it have to do with this thread? I think Will is right. You guys shitty responses probably are because of my shitty vibes. I don't suffer fools well. I challenge you guys to take a walk over to the drug test question thread. I've been hanging out there for a few months trying to answer people's questions when they have a test coming up. Find one shitty vibe, or even the hint of one in one of the many posts I've made there. Drug testing is a topic I happen to have a lot of experience with, and on the peeing end, not the collection end. Even if the questions there are the same ones that have been answered time after time, I try and not to leave any question unanswered because someone's being stressed by the man and I've been there and know what it's like. I was trying to help here by posting my experience. I didn't cut down Attitude, I said the problem may have not been theirs. Then you guys come in and start telling me what I did wrong and how I should have a secure computer, or paid in a different way. Like you were defending Attitude. I didn't react well, I admit, and got defensive. And now I let it all just blow away......Llatikcuf..fuckitall...anyway

13. I think we can all agree that everyone needs to relax and smoke a bowl. I know I will :)

14. Yeah dude trust me package on USPS says it got though so I'm getting seeds from a good source....but like you strangely my info has been stolen and for the past few days now fraudulent charges have came up....gonna call bank of amerishit tomorrow

15. Hi Leo. Sorry to hear about your problem. It sounds like you're on it though. This is an old thread but your problem is new so I see how it can apply. Anyway, I learned a couple of things by posting my warning for people to check their card charges. First, don't let a bunch of dipshits spoil your good mood. I fell into the defensive mode when I should have just ignored the peanut gallery. Also I found that people will go to any length to protect their favourite seed bank. I finally came to the conclusion that some people don't want to hear anything that may make them worry about how they do things. If someone has their info stolen and used it may make them think it could happen to them, also, so they would rather stay in denial than think bad things may happen. So they ignore the facts and pretend it must have been my fault. That way their happy place where they are the smartest person in the room and they can stay nice and safe.....well shit, I can't explain what I'm thinking right now so I'll just quit trying. I just checked and almost all those guys are gone from the City so I guess they were just flashes in the pan. Good luck to you.

16. ^^ lols dude your stolen card # was used locally .. and U know i t^^

if the Tude stole it, you'd of been seeing charges all over the UK and Europe. Like when it happened for real 4 years ago.

case closed

17. Yes, you're right. I do know it was used locally. I'm the one that told you it was used in Hong Kong several times and then in Oklahoma. But Wharfrat, I never said it was stolen because I used it at Attitude. I said I didn't know and I said guys, check your charges. I just re-read the op and still don't see where I went wrong. I think you're a good person, Wharfrat, but I don't understand why you don't understand my reason for posting.

Does case closed mean you win? That's OK with me. You win. And I no longer think it may have been used at Attitude. I think someone around here got it somehow and it was pure coincedence I ordered from Attitude the day before it started being used. Forunately I didn't loose a dime over it and a new card number was all the sweeping up I had to do. Credit cards are sure handy. And so far, for me, they are much safer than cash by far. I think the only thing more handy than a credit card is online billpay. That made paying bills so much easier. Much better than setting down and writing all those checks every month.

For a follow up on my Attitude purchase, my Sharksbreath turned out very good. Grown, harvested and jarred. Now that the weather has started to cool a bit I'm deciding what to grow next, and I have plenty of seed varieties to choose from.