My credit card info was stolen after order to Attitude

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Cactus Ed, Jan 10, 2012.

1. I took advantage of Attitude's January special freebies and the next day unauthorized charges started appearing on my credit card. First a couple of $1 charges then several hundred dollars at Itunes and then a $1,300 airline ticket, and something else...$700 I don't remember where, I was half asleep talking to the credit card people.

So I don't know if someone at Attitude sold or stole my info, but I've been using that card for more than 20 years without problem. A couple things that may point a different direction is that at least one of these charges originated in Oklahoma, I don't know if that makes any difference, really. Plus I see that no one else has posted about a problem. I sent Attitude a message about this but they haven't chosen to respond, yet.

If you used your card, you may want to check your charges.

Please don't post telling me not to use my card for these kind of purchases. I knew what I was doing and took the chance. There are far too many transactions for people buying seed, some state legal and some not, for the real criminals, the Feds, to follow up on even a fraction of them, and certainly not my small purchases. But if you want to show how smart you are then go ahead and say how dumb I was. That's not the point, here, and my wife tells me that daily.

2. i use pre paid for any over seas internet purchases for the very same reason why you should have so you dont get your info stolen, not just because i dont want the fuzz to trace a charge to a seed company.

3. Probably not on Attitudes end if your seeing charges in OK. Also Attitude doesn't handle credit info Sage pay does. Doesn't mean it could have happened.

4. I knew there would be at least one.

5. so many assumptions, so little time

First; How exactly is it that you know your credit card info was stolen "after" order to attitude. eg. the card info could have been stolen the day before, a week, a month, a year, etc. It just wasn't used for unauthorized transactions until after purchase.

Second; I have yet to hear of anyone else on here, or any other board having their CC info stolen during an attitude/sage pay transaction. Not saying it hasn't, just saying I have never seen it.

You've been using that card for over 20 years? LOL. Dude, get a new card, new #, new everything. I change mine out at least every year as a precaution to losing that info.

Finally, you don't have to be involved in a purchasing transaction to lose your data. Your PC could very well be compromised with spyware/malware that keystroked your CC data and forwarded it on to malicious party.

In the end, I think your topic lends itself to suggesting the problem is at attitude when in fact you really aren't sure.

I'm not trying to 'poster child' for attitude (although I do very much like them and will continue using them as my only seed provider). I am merely trying to offer some different insight into your dilemma.

As a good place to start, I would begin by examing your PC. run malwarebytes, up-to-date antivirus scans, ect.... yes at least both of those aforementioned.

Good luck!

p.s. don't feel alone... there have been over 500 million records breached in the US alone since 2005. Population there is what...... roughly 300 million? So, ask yourself; What are my odds? Not very good compadre'.

6. It's kind of funny when someone comes along and says, with a hand covering their mouth to conceal a fake yawn, a lot of assumptions are being made, then they proceed to write a couple of sentences filled with assumptions. I said my card info was used after I made my Attitude order. That was the day before charges showed up. I've had the card a long time, but it hasn't always had the same number, and your plan to avoid yours from getting used us to change the number every year? You think these people get the info and wait until their birthday to use it? They get it, they use it, and then they toss it. Now you making the assumption I don't have security on my system, how many people here don't. I'll make the assumption they are sophisticated enough to protect themselves.

I said in my post that what didn't point to Attitude was that no one else here has brought up a problem, and you said something like you didn't think it was Attitude because no one else has brought up a problem. Nice logic. It don't work well when you are thinking about how superior you are. You miss things. You think about how smart you are while your high and try and come up with smart postings so the rest of the guys will like you? You say I tried to make it sould like the problem was at Attitude well no, I didn't. Read it again. I just said what happened and advised folks to check their charges. I offered two reasons that Attitude wasn't involved. I told you that I gave Attitude time to respond, well that was before I wrote the orig post. I even considered if not letting you guys know right away was somehow breaking my trust with my follow cannabis devotees and I gave them all day to respond. I realize you were probably just high when you wrote that post and didn't quite understand the situation and my position. Just as I'm high right now...ediblles, and actually now that I got that out, I'm in a pretty good place.

Peace, bro

p.s. what does it matter how many records get stolen every year? 500,000 huh? So basically everyone in the USA gets their credit card info stolen every year? How could I possible feel alone with those odd. No wonder you get a new number every year. Shit, I'm going to start doing that, right after I go to WalMart and get me one of those there anti virulent dvd things. Ops, sorry, I fell out of my good place when I re read your post and the p.s. Now I'm back on track, though, it's cool.

7. Wow dude. This is how you treat people who try to help you?

Looks to me like karma's already taken care of you. Enjoy.

Oh... I have Tang in the cupboard, does that make me a f'ing astronaut?

This proved nothing other than you ranting to support another seed bank. Move along, nothing to see here.

8. Hi, I'm gonna ask for help, starting off by getting really angry! Then, when people try to help, I'm gonna get even angrier!

9. Hmmm, if it was me that you say was angry then you didn't read the post or you have really poor reading comprehension. And who asked for help? Wasn't me. I was just trying to warn others to check their credit card bill. You do have poor reading comprehension.

10. Look, you got it backwards. I was the one trying to help you. Karma has taken care of me. My cash was protected and I lost nothing. Assumption: "This proved nothing other than you ranting to support another seed bank" I didn't even bring up another seed bank and don't see where you came up with that.

WTF is up with you guys. I didn't try and prove anything, exept maybe that you are full of it, and you have poor taste in orange juice. You did that with your own words. This thread has become nothing but finger pointing so I'm done. What you do with your finger is no longer any of my biz. Point it or stick it, I don't care.

11. was it by chance a mastercard?

12. Prepaid + don't use the same card for 20 years. Lol

13. [quote name='"llatikcuf"']

It's kind of funny when someone comes along and says, with a hand covering their mouth to conceal a fake yawn, a lot of assumptions are being made, then they proceed to write a couple of sentences filled with assumptions. I said my card info was used after I made my Attitude order. That was the day before charges showed up. I've had the card a long time, but it hasn't always had the same number, and your plan to avoid yours from getting used us to change the number every year? You think these people get the info and wait until their birthday to use it? They get it, they use it, and then they toss it. Now you making the assumption I don't have security on my system, how many people here don't. I'll make the assumption they are sophisticated enough to protect themselves.

I said in my post that what didn't point to Attitude was that no one else here has brought up a problem, and you said something like you didn't think it was Attitude because no one else has brought up a problem. Nice logic. It don't work well when you are thinking about how superior you are. You miss things. You think about how smart you are while your high and try and come up with smart postings so the rest of the guys will like you? You say I tried to make it sould like the problem was at Attitude well no, I didn't. Read it again. I just said what happened and advised folks to check their charges. I offered two reasons that Attitude wasn't involved. I told you that I gave Attitude time to respond, well that was before I wrote the orig post. I even considered if not letting you guys know right away was somehow breaking my trust with my follow cannabis devotees and I gave them all day to respond. I realize you were probably just high when you wrote that post and didn't quite understand the situation and my position. Just as I'm high right now...ediblles, and actually now that I got that out, I'm in a pretty good place.

Peace, bro

p.s. what does it matter how many records get stolen every year? 500,000 huh? So basically everyone in the USA gets their credit card info stolen every year? How could I possible feel alone with those odd. No wonder you get a new number every year. Shit, I'm going to start doing that, right after I go to WalMart and get me one of those there anti virulent dvd things. Ops, sorry, I fell out of my good place when I re read your post and the p.s. Now I'm back on track, though, it's cool.[/quote]

500,000 is "basically everyone in the US"? Do you know how many people are in NYC alone? I mean....cmon man. I know you were exaggerating for the sole reason of proving a point, but it didn't help.

Edit: why are you coming off so ANGRY. We didn't steal your info

14. Buys seeds illegally online with personal account card, then gets pissed when card info gets stolen... Maybe next you should throw your social security info in the dumpster behind mcdonalds

15. If you play with fire, than don't go crying to the forum when you get a nasty burn. You said yourself that you knew the risks

16. If you actually KNEW how insecure your entire life is you'd be shocked. EVERY TIME you use your credit card at all the information is sent through the internet. EVERY TIME. Once it's swiped at the merchant your info is sent from the credit card service provider to what's called the Automatic Clearing House - via supposedly secure internet connections - the strongest legally possible. The ACH then sends that to your issuing card provider who verifies whether or not you have the funds and sends back an approval code. This is all done in seconds but it's done MILLIONS of times a day.

Those supposedly secure channels are where most of the credit-card theft is done.

You have no control over it. Except not to use your credit card. Fortunately there are entire departments called Risk Management that all they do all day long is look for fraud.

17. So you are basically complaining that you got robbed while breaking the law??? Is that the jest of it????

18. Yea that's about the size of it

19. I know I said I was done with this, but surely you guys know how hard it is not to respond to posts written by such brainiacs when they just can't seem to understand English. Ok, you're right, I'm a bit angry. Why are you guys repeating the same old thing over and over? I didn't post here asking for "help" I even said I didn't want any help. I just told you what happened to me, I wasn't ever angry about it, and I never lost any money. Then you guys start telling me stuff like I came asking for help and when it was given it I got angry. And that's after I told you I didn't ask for help. So karma is getting even with me for what? telling you blades what happened and warning you to check your charges? Who put you in charge of karma? Dumdum, you tell me to call my bank and get the charges removed? What charges? I told you they were the ones that caught it and called me. I didn't lose a cent and said that multiple times and you tell me to call the bank and get the charges removed? Dude, you been smokin' some bad reefer. Hey, CO Jones, you think the "jest" of it is that I used my card to buy illegal seeds and I'm complaining about being robbed while "breaking the law" Maybe you should ask dumdum if you can use his name, too. "jest" means jokingly. "gist" means like the central theme. How many ways can I say I lost no money, none. I didn't get robbed. Try to pay attention to the details. Percul8....you say I "came running to the forum crying" Like I said, over and over I didn't lose any money, I came to the forum to warn, not cry that I got burned. I just don't know how you guys can come up with this stuff. Are you really that stupid or are you just teasing me? Those are the only two conclusions anyone with a reasonable mind can come to here.