My crazy weekend at Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'General' started by just blaze, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Well let me just start out by saying what a weekend it has been. Aug 3, thursday was my sister's birthday and she's moving in 2 weeks, but my favorite band, Ween, was playing in Wisconsin. I get a call from my buddy and he has two tickets, so we drive 3 hours to Wisconsin to see the best concert I've ever seen. We smoked hella herb on the way up and back as well.

Friday was the first day of Lollapalooza, so I headed into the city around 3. When I got off the train, my E fell out of my crotch right in front of security so i just picked it up and ran off. I was walking in circles looking for the damn place but found it and popped my rolls (Green Chanel double stack, really good!) went into the festival, and met up with my buddy. We watched the last half of the eels, and i started rolling my nuts off. Headed over to the stage across the park to watch the Umphrey's. Half way through Lady Sovereign started and I saw her early this year and wanted to see her again but i was dancing with this real pretty girl so being on E i didn't leave for a while and saw my two favorite Lady Sovereign songs. We were walking and met up with some people we know and hung out with them the rest of the festival. Ween came on at night (tripping off mescaline i later found out) and tore the shit up, not as good as Thursday though, and no encore. We went to our friends Buck after that drank some beers left took the train home and got in around 5.

Day 2 we snuck our friend Steve in he was real excited. I ate some mushrooms he and Buck rolled. I don't remember this day as well, sat under a tree, met a guy who sold ween mescaline the night before and almost bought some pure MDMA. Saw the Flaming Lips. they were good but we met these people from england during the show and hung out with them the whole time... they stole my heart. I miss those girls so much haha, they were the coolest people i've ever met. Tried to see Kanye West, but they fucked up his mic and we left, saw a girl get caught on acid when we were leaving. Went to get some pancakes and met this girl there who my friend Brian hooked up with and she was a complete stranger, she owes us a case of beer for something so that's cool.

Day 3 we found a wristband to buy boozes so got super trashed and i fell asleep under a tree for 20min, woke up during the Queens of the Stone Age and i took another roll before that so i was rolling and ran over there, met some real cool people danced a whole bunch, this girl who i just met the first day passed out so had to take care of her for a little bit but they played my two favorite songs so it was awesome. (forgot to add up there steve and buck rolled again as well). Red Hot Chili Peppers came on and tore the shit up danced a bunch smoked a bunch, i wasn't so trashed anymore so i was cool and shit, went to buck's, smoked drank, went home and now i'm hurting, don't think it was a good idea to roll twice this weekend, but i'm getting some acid today, so that's awesome. Saw some great sets and had an awesome fucking weekend