Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Coworker is a moron

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bjs197, Apr 14, 2009.

1. I work at a pizza shop and almost everyone there smokes (including the owner). Every time I go to work I puff on that stinky green stuff to enjoy myself. Most of my friends at work are other college students or go to the local high school. A few of the guys have been working there for 10 years or so. One of these "old-timers", Andy, is a complete idiot.

I have to give background info on Andy, he is a real card. After a brief stint in the Navy (he claims he was discharged), Andy worked a number of part-time jobs, including bartending. It was there where he became addicted to alcohol or whatever and then he went through AA. Now, after coming out of the tunnel of 'addiction' or however you wanna think about it, he has the most pompous attitude about all drugs. Other fun facts about Andy: anti-Obama, racist (called Obama a thug, but claims he isnt racist...you tell me), loves Rush Limbaugh, thinks he alone has all the answers in the world, crushes on high-schoolers (hes 30), and hates everyone he sees. My theory is that he hates his life and blames everyone he can look at for his situation. That is, a situation of being 30 and working at a pizza place with high schoolers and college kids. NOt saying theres anything wrong with being 30 and working at a pizza place, but he definatly hates his life.

ANYWAYS, my friend Jake brings up the current legislation in Cali and Mass about legalizing reefer, and Andy starts jabbering in the most arrogant way about it. I will attempt to re-create the conversation below

Andy: They should make it so you have to have a 500$ licsense to buy/smoke weed. That way we could make money off of-

Ryan: Andy the idea is to make it easier to smoke...

Andy: And then they could tax it 200%, like cigarettes, that way we could just suck all of the money from the stoners-

Tom: So andy, have you ever smoked marijuana?

Andy: Ive eaten it, ive injected it, ive snorted it, ive drank it, ive put it in my butt as a supository (not making this up), ive-

Ryan: Sooooo, lemme see here. Im getting a real big 'N' 'O'

TLDR: People who hate on weed suck eggs and some havnt even smoked weed at all.

2. get over it/him

3. Nice suggestion.

I thought people talked on forums, excuse me for the disturbance

4. The best policy for people like this is to ignore them. This guy made up his mind about what the facts are (not just mj, but life in general) a long time ago, and they are not subject to change.

5. I have a pompous coworker. She isn't an ass, but she's an ex-Playboy, alcoholic, various-hard-drugs addict. Now she's addicted to meetings, animals and prescription cures for all her ailments. She takes aspirin. I smoke pot. She takes Zoloft. I smoke pot. She goes to meetings. I smoke pot.

We both have some issues with depression, mine including suicidal ideation usually. I come into work tired and smiling, knowing that nothing will matter quite as much at the end of the day after a bowl. She freaks out and goes to doctors to up and augment her meds.

Any time I'm feeling down she has advice. Once she even printed out some religious AA information for me (My stance on religion: I'm not an atheist. Why do we need a name for "not insane?") She's given up trying to get me to go to meetings.

She's much more tolerable than Andy. She at least has tried it and understands. Andy just sounds like he needs to be tied to a folding metal chair and beaten with another folding metal chair until he learns to speak proper of MJ.

6. one of my biggest pet peeves is when people who haven't ever smoked weed have these intensely negative opinions towards it...i mean, don't knock it till you try it, ya know?

andy sounds like a tool, i know a few kids like him...just gotta ignore guys like that

7. you people meet some interesting characters

i agree with you tho bunny, Andy should be beaten until he learns to use a bit more proper terms

@bjs
    you can eat weed, and inject THC and cannabanoids, but not the other shit (besides smoking obviously, and also drinking ie:cannabis teas)

8. come on..his names "andy".
    haha
    you just bug him about smoking herb

9. i've met many different types of people in AA, and andy sounds like the bitter addict who's pissed at everyone else because he can't control his drinking and or drug use and be a functioning member of society.

10. yeah until you do something how can you judge?? its like the old school of thinking, the kind your grandma and stuff does.. "i dont know anything about it, therefore its the devil!"

11. Wouldve went on his bytch ass...

12. lol yeh exactly. fuck old people and their old thinking.
    plus they suck at driving

13. Blunt, but it's the truth.

There are millions of "andy's" in the world. There's no changing their minds, or getting them to look at things from a different perspective. And to be fair, he's not going to change your mind either, so live and let live.