My cousin

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ErdayToker, Dec 17, 2013.

1. I just wanted to share this story because I feel kinda sad for my 2nd or 3rd cousin.

He's a teenager maybe 16, I think. He lives in Seattle, WA. I see him sometimes when I go to family events, he was alright never really talked to him. I found out yesterday he was dealing pot, and stole some older fellow's stash. I mean this was real weight like a pound+. The older fellow (Maybe 21, idk) broke into my uncles house and stole it back while breaking some other things.

The thing that pisses me off the most is, my aunt and uncle sent him to a Drug Program facility. What's worse is he has to stay there FOR WEEKS-MONTHS! He won't even get out for Christmas, my uncle might not even visit him! They won't release him til' they think he will stay clean of "hard drugs". 

While yes it was VERY bad to steal someones stash, I think it's even more outrageous to put him a Drug Program where he has no contact with family or friends. I can't believe they are spending money on this program just for weed.

2. I just got done serving 9 months in a correctional facility for something similar. He should consider himself LuckySent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. That does suck. It sounds like his parents are old-fashioned, and he didn't know how to be himself around them, and turned to dealing to make money, with the intent to be independent so he could do what he [thought he] wanted.

But because he didn't have parents that were as supportive as possible for his growth, in the way that he required, he wasn't successful.. and ultimately paid their misunderstood price of his attempted independence.

Parenting gone wrong.... drugs [on their end] and dealing [on his end] are just the scapegoat..

4. Dude that's the saddest thing I heard happen to someone about the mary.He'll probebly get out a little brainwashed.Anyways in my opinion he does deserve it.You never steal from family.

I thought that at first too. He stole from a different guy, who broke into his uncle's house.

6. MAAAN he is lucky. Stealing a pound? Did he think the guy would just let it go??

If I were his parents, he would be working a job after school every day till he paid for all of the costs. I guess sending him to rehab isn't what I would do, but they have to do something. He got their house robbed, it was his fault. He didn't steal from family but he sure as hell put their lives in danger! Honestly, I probably wouldn't want to live with him for awhile just in case he pissed anyone else off.

My cousin stole from a dealer. Then, the dealer broke into my uncles house (Where my cousin lived) to get his stash back.

I know, very dumb. Exactly, that's probably what I would do too, I just think putting a kid in drug rehab for marijuana is a waste. Plus, he's separated from the whole world, it MUST suck.
    Very true.

8. Honestly? Hes lucky hes from weak ass seattle. If he was from a city with established organizations he would be dead. No doubts about it.

And i think rehab will be good for him. I mean hes obviously really stupid. He doesn't need to be smoking anything till he matures a bit.

9. maybe his parents shouldve raised him not to steal

10. Yeah man that's a screwed up situation. It seems absurd to put someone in a facility like that. I was actually in something similar at his age for reasons of depression rather, but I remember all my fellow 'inmates' of sorts were mostly put there for marijuana use, which ironically helped me change my anti-pot views and allowed me to later become a stoner. I remember all of them just talking about how they couldn't wait to roast a bowl the day they got out. Everyone I've ever met from programs like that who were in for pot just went straight back to it when they got out. So pointless and tyrannical...

11. At least his parents are teaching him a lesson instead of just letting him do it again. Maybe he will think about the consequences of his actions next time.

12. How does a dealer let a pound get jacked by a kid who's 16?

13. actions have consequences. he probably regrets getting caught more than he does commiting the crime. either way, hope he learns from it.

14. sounds somewhat reasonable to me. I mean they have to do something.