My cousin died today :'(

Discussion in 'General' started by JollyRoger227, May 18, 2007.

1. I got a call at 9 am today from my cousin, my other cousin who was 21 died today.

He either overdosed or died because of combination of pills he was on, we're not going to know until the full autopsy happens, so I should know by tonight or tomorrow.

And the worst part was he was getting better, he pretty much stopped doing the hard drugs, it was about pills lately, he's been to rehab and we were getting ready to send him again but he was just too dope sick as of lately.

We're not sure when the funeral services are going to be, but they're going to be soon, at this point I can only pray his brother will get his act together before this happens to him as well. My aunt is devastated, this is her baby, and he almost died a year ago in a car accident, well he did die technically for like a minute but he was revived.

I'm devastated, and I don't know what to do, I feel so bad. I could save a stupid little bird, but I couldn't even help my own cousin with his drug problems. This is the third year in a row someone I know has died of a drug over dose, or a drug related suicide, and honestly I can't even deal with it anymore.

The legal drugs are worse then the illegal ones :(

Guys please pray for us, smoke a bowl, whatever.

I'm gunna be at the church for a while, Gunna go cry at God for a bit for doing this to me again.

Sorry for ranting I just don't know what else to do. :cry:

2. I am really sorry to hear about your cousin bro. That news is so hard to take in. I don't know why God had to take your cousin but all you can do is hope that you are shown the answers in time. May God be with you brother. This bowl is for him:smoke:

3. my prayers and best wishes to u and ur family bro. this is a horrible loss, but he is better where he is now... god has him and he feels no pain. good luck man and try to b there for u aunt if she needs u ... family is all we have in this world.
    later man. keep that chin up, ur cousin wouldnt want u to be sad :wave:.

4. well it sort of happened around here like that, these 2 brothers whom both i know, partyed down for 20 + yrs. i know of,

ive watched these 2 chug back a bottle of lord. and wondered ''HOW''

well one o.d.e'd on sniffing a oxycotton, found dead the next morning, it straightened his brother right out!!

maybe this will happen to your other cousin,,,, cant we learn something by aana's death...... these pills will kill your ass!!!!!!! and i see posts all day here, asking about pills, advice,??? i ignore them,,, they should know better,,,, just my rant,,, i hope your other cousin, learns from his loss.

and i feel for you and your family...:(

5. I'm so sorry to hear it, Jolly. Words can't express my symapthies.

If you need to talk or vent or whatever, send me a PM, we'll find a way to get in touch... in real-time. :(

6. I've messed around with pills before but I stopped last year it's just not worth it. Most people just don't understand what they can actually do to you.

I really do hope his brother takes this to heart, I mean my cousin that died was 10x worse then his brother but still, if he just stopped everything all together that would be so much better I don't even know how his mom would handle loosing BOTH of her kids.

I'm just so sick of burying people, one kid I knew died of a heroin overdose 2 years ago the day I graduated, my cousin that just died is the one who found him dead, they were sleeping on opposite couches in his room that night and the morning there he was. I think that really fucked my cousin up, because he became a lot worse after that. A few months ago at my other cousin's wedding he couldn't even stay awake or stay focused he was so messed up on his pills, it was really sad actually. But he was a good kid, a good kid that dealt with too much shit in his life and never knew how to handle it.

7. Thanks Rasta, and everyone else that posted. It's nice to hear from people today, I'm just so stressed out right now, even smoking a bowl didn't help, just kinda made me more sad for doing drugs when my cousin died from them.

8. Very sorry for your loss:( I hope things brighten up and your cousin's brother will look for a better lifestyle. A bong rip will be loaded for tonight and my prayers go out to you, your family, that your days will get better. Talk to the pastor their if you want, church is a very comforting place.

9. I'm really sorry for your loss, Jolly. I second Rasta...you can PM me or IM me any time you want.

I've never been close to any of my family members, but I'll still listen if you want. [​IMG]

10. wherever he is, even though hes not with you, he is in a better, less violent world of pure tranquility(my philosophy)

11. I think that's the part that bother me most, I'm NOT close to my family members, but he was one of the 2 other cousins that I have that I would actually talk to at family gatherings, it's just gunna be sad knowing at the fourth of july BBQ he's not gunna be there and be drunk and be a ruckus and actually make it an enjoyable time :( It's just wierd to bury someone almost the same age as me, it's like anyday you can go at anytime.

12. My deepest sympathies,

No one deserves to got out at 21.

I hope you are handling this ok.

13. Im very sorry for your loss, and i know what it feels like. I had to bury my uncle last year, and it was the worst experience of my life. You have my complete regards, and best wishes. Feel better too, because sorrow will not bring him back. It's better to cherish the good memories than to cry over the sad ones! Keep up.

14. I'm so sorry Jolly, life is totally not fair. My thoughts and prayers are with you :( :( :(

15. I know how it feels. My condolences.

16. Hey Jollyroger, the same shit happened to my bro in my sig. Hard drugs are a bitch. I hate them so much, but I can't stay away from them. It's terrible. I am very sorry for your loss and I am here to talk if you need anyone to talk to.

Much Love,

Smokentoke420

17. Thanks guys,

Well I found out what happened. Apparently he was on his bi-polar meds and his anti-depressants and he had pnuemonia, and somehow managed to put his arm through a window and knicked an artery in his arm, he was too sick to operate on so they gave him some percs and sent him home, the percs are what killed him.

:mad: I'm fucking pissed, the legal drugs did this to him. They're DOCTORS wouldn't they have known that was gunna happen??

18. Stuff like this pisses me off. They get payed tons of money to do their job, and now you have one less beloved cousin because they didn't do a simple, quick check. I have endless amounts of respect for the doctors who make work their life, and who help people everyday. But some of the people they let work in hospitals arent even fit to work at McDonalds nowadays...

19. So OxyCodone doesn't mix well with Anti-depressants? How exactly did he die, if you dont mind me asking. Was it liver failer, kidney failure, overdose, heart failure, brain failure (not the doctors brains, thatw as obvious)

20. Sorry about your causin. It's hard to loose someone you love.