My Confusing Health Issues And Marijuana

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by corneliusbusinessman, Sep 18, 2014.

1. hi.
    i am aware i have never posted before but i am a long time lurker of this site and was hoping maybe someone on here would have some knowledge on this subject. i am an everyday (more like every hour) smoker and have been for a year or two now. i am 18 years old and aside from the issues im about to describe am as healthy as can be. about a year ago i started to get a constant sorta dull ache in my gut and it would never entirely stop. at the time that it began i would vape (MFLB) about 4-5 times a day and it was only til later on that i began to see a connection between the two. eventually it got to a point where i sold my vape and got a new one because it felt like after everytime i would have a sess my gut pain would be worse. this didnt help however and the pain continued. i have tried every form of smoking, vaping, dabbing, etc. and the same stomach feeling has not been escaped. now a few months ago i went to the hospital because the pain spread to my back and they ended up doing an mri, endoscopy, catscan etc. on me and only found a slight inflamation in my eusophogus. my question is to you guys, and i know we hate to say it but, could weed be the cause of all these problems? Could the heat of the smoke be whats causing the pain? i feel as if marijuana should aid my condition if anything, making this so peculiar. ive done every bit of research i can but no posts of this sort have come up. it is hard to tell if the pain is there when im not smoking cause im almost never not, but i believe it is. any help is appreciated greatly. thank you.
    cornelius.

2. Try edibles, a break from weed, and/or seeing another doctor. We can't give medical advice on here.

3. #3 njnerd, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    You have all the issues and don't try not smoking for a few days? By not smoking I realized how much weed was helping me medically.

4. trust me ive tried edibles and every type of consumption possible and it still provides the same gut feeling. ive also been to a list of doctors, all telling me im a healthy 18 year old person. i am taking a week off at the moment to see if my body will heal itself and will report back. thank you!

5. You should take more than a week off. Take a few months off to see if it continues. If it does after several months, then you need to go back to the doctor. The only other cause I could think of would be that it is a psychosomatic disorder.

6. google: cannabinoid hyperemis

its a rare syndrome found in people who smoke everyday, from my understanding its kind of like the affect that weed has on drying out ur mouth when u get high, except its a large scale drying of your intestines

7. cannabinoid hypermesis isn't the drying of anything.  And I doubt its that cuz that is a very rare disorder.  But if it were he would vomit every time he blazes.  Anti-emetic are anti-nausea drugs, thus emetic must mean vomiting or nausea, thus HYPER-emesis is the vomitting/nausea in hyper mode meaning its worse.  

People who have this condition generally get very nauseous which leads to vomiting several times.  They only find relief, interestingly, when they take a warm bath/shower.

8. Trust me, my friend has it, it comes in different forms, and considering the fact that doctors around the world have trouble diagnosing people with this issue, and there has been no fda studies on this condition, then you really dont have any judgement calls, i was just giving op a heads up, he said his symptoms started a year after he started smoking every day and a doctor can't diagnose his condition. 99% chance im saying its cannabis related. 

9. i could name like 5 people i know who smoke weed every day and because of that have stomach issues, all different types, one of my friends used to throw up every morning and i have others that can't eat because there stomach has a "knot" unless their high

10. ya but thats because weed has anti-spasmodic effects on the muscles including the intestines.  So when you don't have weed, some people have rebound effects and their intestines starts to spasm, which is very uncomfortable.  Also, smoking anything isn't going to help your GI tract and if you have an ulcer or some other sort of problem then the smoke can aggravate that which is painful.  

Specifically stating that he must have cannabinoid hyperemesis is foolish cuz that is a very rare disorder and its most likely not that.  You then go on to state that you knw not one or two but five different people who have this conditions.  Its not that common.  

However, i probably do agree with you that his condition is related to cannabis.  Just not that its cannabinoid hyperemesis.  And even then their is a likely chance its psychosomatic like someone else stated earlier.  

11. yeah the week off thing didnt work. all of my symptoms got worse or remained present when i stopped smoking and the two days i made it were terrible. im very lightly smoking now and trying to limit it as it seems to take care of any nausea and back pain, but almost worsen my stomach ache. the doctor believes i have gastritis or the beginning of an ulcer, which doesnt make sense to me because cannabis is supposed to aid in healing both of those conditions. maybe ive been swallowing smoke this whole time? that sounds almost impossible to me because of how frequently i smoke but symptoms of that sound similair to my condition. thanks for any help im just going to take a long time off i guess