My conclusion on my HLG quantum boards

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by versicolor, Nov 7, 2018.

1. I've had these 260xl Quantum boards throughout an entire flower now. I flowered 2 plants in a 4x4 tent and ended up with over a pound altogether. It took me a little bit to dial them in for distance and what % power to run them but once I got it figured out the plants thrived and the yields were better than I had expected. The bud is extremely high quality. Hands down better than anything that I have come across in my area. So in conclusion I can confidently say these lights are great and played a major role in yield and bud quality. I have 2 more plants flowering right now and they look even better than the last 2 because I didnt have to experiment with distance from canopy or intensity. I've included a few pics of a bud and the latest plants in flower. Thanks for looking. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer.
    Screenshot_20181107-151358.png IMG_20181106_162717.jpg IMG_20181106_162707.jpg IMG_20181106_162713.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Looks great! I will be able to afford qbs when they're old as Hell.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Are you running 3k or 4k? what distance did you find optimum for flower? I had to raise mine quite a bit from the 18 inches I started at.

4. I'm using 3k. And I found the same thing, started out at about 25" from canopy and worked my way down to about 12 inches full power just to see. Ended up with some light burn so I raised them back up to about 22 or 23 inches above canopy and just a touch under full power. That seems to be the sweet spot for my setup.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I just pulled a little over 7 oz off of a Northern Lights autoflower under an HLG100 in 3000K.

1.98g/watt is pretty hard to argue with.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yeah that's amazing. I got 7 ounces off of 10lb hammer and I've still yet to weigh the GG4 but there is a lot more bud on that one. I'm guessing at least 9 or 10 ounces. The buds weren't even all that chunky but it's all so dense. Great lights

• Like Like x 1
  7. Man I pulled a few of my colas out of the drying rack, and they alone were a little over a half ounce each. Once you get them dialed in, there's no competition.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Toolzor what height did you have your lights at for flower?

9. Between 24 and 36 inches.

10. Do you run your lights at full power?

11. Yes I do

12. First time growing here and literally just got done chopping first plant and trimming. I grew on QB132's at 3500k start to finish, all autos. Trimming the bud they look fucking amazing, very frosty and resiny. I don't have a pic of it drying, but here's a shot of 1 White Widow before she went into darkness.

20181106_181652.jpg

I agree, the distance can be tough to figure out. I grew 5 autos at once and 1 out of my 5 got burned by the light pretty bad (shes still recovering ), while my other plants thrived in it. I couldn't believe how powerful it was by staying cool to the touch. Still learning every day, but a few months in and I'm glad I started with QBs. If I start a veg tent it will for sure have QBs in it.

I just ran out of green and am patiently waiting for my first crop to dry. It can't come fast enough.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nice to hear some good reviews. I've had some good crops but I have found that they take some learning. There is a change in feed pattern. Increase in calmag and the qb grown plants like a little higher temps.

Once you dial them in there's not much better setups out there. They're really not that expensive for the wattage either if you look at other top end led grow lights.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hints on change to feed pattern? QB96s changing out HPS this week...
    FC

15. Learn the difference between light burn and Potassium deficiency. How can 135 watts burn a plant? I don't know, but giving it more potassium won't make it go away.

16. Those colas look great. Nice job

• Like Like x 1
  17. I just ended up increasing the measurements by a few ml on all my nutes. And with calmag I went from 20ml to 25. That with the QBs sitting at about 23 inches above canopy seems to make the plants very happy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looks beautiful! Nice run! Extra frosty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. They pick up in feeding compared to other leds. Compared to hps if you went down 40% or so in power you might not have that large of a feeding difference. They do seem to cause increased cal/mag consumption and just a little more nutrient consumption in general. Add 25% to your typical cal/mag routine and just watch them for deficiencies. Go with about an 80-82 degree room temp.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Dang bro- that seems far... but I guess it worked your buds look good.