my college GBA

Discussion in 'General' started by d.m.t dreams, Oct 21, 2009.

1. im taking 4 classes at grossmont college. do i need to pass 4 classes to make a 3.0 or can i fail one

2. ... Is one of the classes basic math?

3. no. why?

4. how about trying your best in all four of your classes instead of having that "i just want a 3.0 so i'll fail one class" mentality.

in my opinion, GPA in college doesnt mean anything.

5. ya it does, its so i can be on my moms insurance.

6. so, they'll drop you outta your mom's insurance if you do better than 3.0?? they cant punish you for doing better. doesnt sound right to me.

7. Okay, since you didn't respond to the earlier joke, let me help you out.

An average is calculated by adding the variables together and dividing by the total number of variables. For example, the average of 2, 3, and 4 is: 2 + 3 + 4 = 9. 9/3 = 3. Where 9 is the sum of the variables and 3 is the number of variables.

GPA is calculated (at most schools) on a 4-point scale. So an A = 4, B = 3, C = 2, D = 1, and F =0.

3 As and 1 F will give you 4 + 4 + 4 + 0 = 12. 12/4 = 3.

So in order to get a 3.0, you will need to get an A in every other class. If you do not get an A in EVEN ONE CLASS you will get less than a 3.0.

So my advice is: Can you REALLY not work hard and get a C or D? I mean come on, it's only half way through October and most semesters last until December. Is there REALLY no way you can get your "failing" grade up to a D or C?

If there's REALLY no alternative, then withdraw from the class you are failing (sometimes referred to as "dropping") as this will make it not count towards your GPA (at most schools).

8. #9 TheDankery, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
    dude, you got so many problems here, but I would start by calculating your target GPA.

Edit: but yeah, I ain't dr. phil here but you should be working as hard as you can if you're going to college on your mom's insurance. Don't squander this opportunity because, believe me; there are plenty of people who want to go to school on their mom's insurance.

9. Sir, I am in awe that you actually typed that out for him.

I was refusing to do so as a matter of moral principles.

But, if you have to ask this question, your odds of getting above a 3.0 are about 0.00%

10. tell that to my scholarship :D

11. Dude, don't fail any classes. If you do, that will be on your transcript for the rest of your life, or until you re-take the class. That's also wasted money.

If you're taking 4 classes, do your best in each one. That way, you will still get that 3.0 GPA, and you'll have more credit hours.

12. yeah if im transferring i need a decent gpa. so it kinda does mean a lot to some people haha.

but just try to get your shit together OP. its not that hard.

13. Dude you're fucked.

14. if you're thinking about not putting any effort into a class, here's what you should do instead:

drive down the freeway, throw all your money out of the window and throw your bank card out the window, too.

bam, game over. now you don't have to worry about going to class because you wasted all your money already.

seriously, why would you consider not trying hard in a class when you're paying up the ass for it?