My closet grow...

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Lokei360, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Got a bag of FFOF today and my light came 5 days early. Good looks mars!
    Im ready now i just gotta get seeds................ which is impossible.

But when i do im going to germinate it, put it in that small pot in the picture with ffof and leave it on a 18/6 schedule. Only feeding it water until 3 or 4 weeks after planting then I will be using BigBloom for veg and then TigerBloom and bigbloom for flowering. Will transplant into my 6 gallon bucket once roots are established. I have 2 fans in the closet one at bottom blowing up at plant and one at top blowing outward. Also have a nice fan pushing lots of fresh oxygen into my room feet away. The temp in the closet varys between 70 and 83 ish, never higher. Also might do a scrog net (maybe) but definatly LST training early. What do yall think?

20170608_182135.jpg

20170608_181759.jpg

20170608_181804.jpg

2. Take your temps right under the light, where your canopy will be. Best to use more than one thermometer, some of mine are off by >5f (especially those temp/hygro combos).

Also, a cheap laser thermometer will help you find heat sinks, exposed soil can reach 90f while your canopy temps read 75. I've dropped soil temps by 15f just by adding a layer of perlite, which in turn leads to an overall drop because your soil is no longer absorbing and radiating all that heat.

Looks great man, good setup. Actual wattage is what, 150? I've done a few small grows with a 250w. If you grow one plant and give her all your attention she can really amaze you. Some of my most potent results came from a small light.

Sláinte :bongin:

3. Okay ill add a thin layer of perlite on the surface, i also heard it helps keep bugs away. I still gotta get another thermometer and ph strips. Cant wait to start