My close call with the 50

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by smoke1985, Mar 2, 2010.

1. #1 smoke1985, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    I have been meaning to post this story so here goes.

Last Wed. I went out to the bars for a friends bday. I took him on a roadie, I parked as we were finishing up so I killed the lights as we jammed for a bit. We go back into the bars on top of the world. So it is finally time to go home, we go on a roadie in a friends car and go are separate ways.

I jump in my car to go home super high, If I had to guess I was between a .06-0.10 if I would have to blow (limit is .08 here). So Im driving and getting to the edge of town going 26 in a 25 when I see two cops. Well one pulls out and hits the lights ASAP.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: At this point my heart is pounding, I assume I am going to jail for sure. I had my pipe, just under an 1/8, had a roadie 2hrs prior and almost or slightly above the limit. I had febreeze in the car so I go crazy with it to try and mask the smell.

As soon as I stopped I noticed that dumbshit me did not turn the lights back on from the earlier roadie (have automatic lights normally). Clearly this was the reason for getting stopped.

I have my window down with my ID waiting for him (trying to air out too). He walks up and says, "Hey Sean." I look and say "hey how are ya." Super confused, assuming he just ran the plates and addressed me this way. He continues with "know why I pulled you over?" As hes talking it finally hits me who it is, I went to highschool with this kid, we played baseball together for 3 years!

After I told him I knew why I got pulled over he said he'd let me off with a verbal!:D

He never got to close so I am not sure sure if he could smell it, I assume he did, I cannot wait to see him at the bar this summer (I see him about two times a year). I won't tell him the truth, but I will buy a drink or 12 for him.

Never in my life have I ever been that lucky.:smoke:

2. You lucky cheese, you.

3. Cool story bro. That's crazy lucky that you knew that guy. I have a 5-0 story I like to share. Here goes:

Chula Vista, CA: It's Fall 2007, at about 10PM. I'm 19 at the time, and I was with my 16 year old friend Conan. Conan and I were sitting on the stairs near my sister's apartment, and we were so bored we probably would have performed corona surgery on ourselves, so, we went to the shopping center to take a lap around there just for kicks. Then all of a sudden, we decided to go around the back of the shopping center, jump onto the roof access ladder (which was blocked off by a metal mesh gate), so since I was lighter and shorter, Conan throws me up to the lowest part of the unprotected ladder, and he runs and jumps onto the ladder.

Now, we are on the roof, and like any good stoner would do (or at least us two) I took out my iPhone and we made an audio tape of being on the roof, and I take out my new (and very first legit) pipe, and take out some weed and start our session[Unknown to us, about this moment, DSW Warehouse hears footsteps on the roof and calls the Police to check it out] while in the middle of our tape, Conan sees a cop car with it's headlights shining toward our direction, and he says "Dude, come on, we gotta get the hell out of here, just run!" I'm so high, I'm unaware of why we're running (but I was anyways). We get to the ladder, and at the bottom is 2 cop cars with their lights on, and at this point, we just climb down all sad.

So, we give the officer our IDs and he asks us what we were doing on the roof, and we said smoking weed, so he searches me first and asks if I have anything illegal, and I rely "yes, a pipe" and he pats me down and doesn't find it on my person, and he says "What pipe?" [I thought I had it on my person, but turns out Conan threw it while running on the roof]. What I had on my person: Cigarettes, Lighter, a foldable knife, my iPhone, my weed, and my wallet [My weed was in my change pocket in my jeans, so he never felt it there]. On Conan's person: A foldable knife, a lighter, and his wallet. He puts our stuff in separate piles about 50 feet away from us while we sat on the concrete waiting for him to stop doing his cop-work. So about a half-hour later, he finds nothing on our records, so he lets us go [of course he threw away my pipe], and he says we can get our stuff, but the officer hands Conan's knife and lighter to me and tells me to keep those, because he is a minor and shouldn't have that anyways. We walk away with [almost] everything we came with including our freedom. When we were on our way back home, I gave him his stuff back, and the whole time this was all happening, my iPhone was still recording in my pocket the whole time, lol.

4. ^ha thats pretty cool you got to keep your shit.

ive got a nearly got caught story that i'll share since it doesnt really deserve its own thread.

so i went out on saturday night and i was gonna do a piece at this spot, it was a lit up alley and there were a few other tags there, so i thought i could do it.

anyway i rode my bike to the spot and had all my cans of spray paint in my bag along with some caps and a sketch book, i brang my sketch book with me so i could look at the sketch while im doin the piece so it would look good.

so im there for a few minutes and i drop a couple tags just testing out my paint and getting the caps right, and i hear a car coming so i hide behind a truck, and as i look to see what car it is, its a cop car. so i pack my shit up and decide not to paint there and go hide in the darker area of the alley.

then im in the dark area of the alley and another cop car drives past with its spot light on looking for me, the first cop car must have seen me.

so im like fuck this i dont wanna get caught, so i went home and got high.

5. isnt that a very wide range? im not too familiar with BAC percentage but isnt 1.0 pretty fucking ridiculous?

6. That's so funny. I'm in WI!

That is one of the coolest cop story's, especially because you had the minor with you.

7. He meant .10, I hope.

8. God yes, my bad. 1.0 is death like 5 times over.