My clones keep dying, please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fairchild73, May 13, 2011.

1. If your plant is close to harvest I would just get the Cha Ching and then pick up the other ones later.

2. #122 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ooooo good idea! I can get it next week then

3. Here is an update on my situation. The mom plant is now a week into flowering, and the leaves look much healthier after all the good suggestions. She is going to put out some beautiful Kush in about 6 weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the clones. I have started spraying inside the dome, blowing in some fresh air and Co2 twice a day, and keeping the humidity up at 90, temp at 85.

[​IMG]

Thanks again, cant wait to see if this cycle finally gets going the way I hope it will.

4. Keep that rockwool moist. And that plant is looking good by the way, so are the clones from what I can tell. Good luck.

5. Everything is looking sweet. Next time you're misting the clones, can you take a picture without the dome so we can get a better look? They look great. Leaves aren't falling or anything so I'm not concerned, just want a better look :)

6. Yeah, I will grab a better pic of the clones later today. They look kind of ugly right now, but they seem strong. They are on day 6 right now, but nor roots showing yet.

7. #127 greenbudguy, May 27, 2011
    The leaves will yellow and brown around the tips a little when you cut the leaves but they looked good in the picture

8. Here is what is happening on day 6 with the clones. Believe it or not, this is the best I have gotten a round of them to look, lol. At least they still have strong stems and some life to them. Most of the batches I have tried just fall over and die inside of a week.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Well I guess your getting better. Not looking good, sorry. Keep on trying to clone. maybe you need to start over with a bettter mother plant. Learninng to clone can be very hard. But once you get it down. You got it. And honestly people were telling you to clone from the top but I have to say it is def. way better to clone from the bottom branches. Next time USE A HEATING PAD!!!!!!! Don't worry about what the humidity is where you live. Use the Humidity dome and Heating pad.

10. #130 greenbudguy, May 28, 2011
    I concur! Try the heating pad!

11. This sucks, lol. Its taking so long to get this right, and it feels like I am really taking as much advice and input as I can. Another purchase I guess, but boy getting your crops going costs more than just buying someone else's so far. Between lights, nutes, electricity and time spent, well I just hope I can get this going.

My mom plant is about 1 full week into bloom, but still looks like its in veg mode. Should I try to cut some clones from the bottom and use a heatpad? Or should I wait until my little baby mom plant grows big?

12. It gets easier and more cost effective when you get it all down. Still expensive to grow indoor though. How old is your moms plant? Was it grown from seed or clone?

When I clone I use 2 trays. I put the heating pad in the first tray and then I put another tray on top of that. I always mix 4 drops of superthrive in a gallon of water and everytime I water the rockwool I water with that. It's ok to have a little water in the tray it will evaporate. I usually have 100% success rate.

Can you post a pic. of your mom's plant?

13. #133 greenbudguy, May 29, 2011
    Super thrive rocks! Stuff works miracles. Made my clones shoot new growth. I posted pictures in my trunk grow *smoke*