My clones keep dying, please help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fairchild73, May 13, 2011.

1. #101 greenbudguy, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Agreed. Spray your clones will clean water

2. I have it running about 85% humidity right now. When it dips a few points, I add some water to the bottom of the tray to get it back up. It never dips below 80% though. I will add a once a day dome spray to see how that goes. As of day 3, its looking pretty good in there.

Also, I live in a climate that is like central america level humidity. So i doubt I need the heat matt. If anything, i need AC to keep the temp and humidity down or it will peg in the high nineties on both temp and humidity.

Ill post new pics later on tonight so you can take another glance at the progress.

3. 80s or high 80s I think is fine. I keep my clones around 85 and humidity around the same. I'm glad to hear your clones are doing well. I have three clones I took a week ago that are doing very well also

4. Your cuttings look good. I hope it works for you this time but if it doesn't next time use the heat mat. I lived in a high humidity area too and I still had a higher success rate and faster cloning using the heat mat. Like I said and it's true clones like 90-100% humidity for at least the first three days.

5. #105 greenbudguy, May 24, 2011
    What kind of heating mat? Are there ones made especially for growing?

6. You can go to a hydroponic or a garden nursery and buy a seedling heat mat that fits right in the tray. A great investment especially when it comes to cloning.

This is what the inside of your dome should look like:

[​IMG]

7. #107 greenbudguy, May 24, 2011
    I need to get a bigger cloning dome like yours. I have a smaller one that's normally used to grow from pellets in. Its a lot shorter. How much did that cloner run you?

8. Everything all together, hard to say. I had to get the heat mat which was prob. around $50. The dome and trays were pretty cheap. Cloning gel was prob. around $30, but I have cloned a shit ton of clones with one bottle and still have a good amount left. The rockwool cubes cost about $8 for a bag of 50. Good pair of trimming scissors about $12. And a folding utility knife prob about $12. Finally alchohol to sterilize everything.

9. #109 greenbudguy, May 24, 2011
    Its all cheap or relatively cheap but when they all add up they can put a little dent in your pocket

10. Just think of it as a good initial investment. I have used the heat mat and dome and trays over and over just clean them good with bleach after each use.

11. #111 greenbudguy, May 24, 2011
    For sure. I have lots of things I reuse for my plants

12. Crap news about the heat mat. Hopefully they survive, but I will grab me a mat when I have the cash.

I am transitioning the Kush MOM into bloom now. I started her with a mix of Liquid Karma, Pure blend Pro VEG and Flora Nova Bloom.

How long should I wait before I stop using the VEG nutes and go Bloom only? Also, do you think I should keep adding superthrive to my mix all the way through flowering?

:smoke:

13. Keep the clones misted several times throughout the day and they should be fine. Just might take a lot longer to root.

I've only used the Flora Nova Bloom. I haven't used those other nutes, so I'm not sure. Can you get a hold of a feed schedule maybe online?

I personally don't use superthrive during flowering. So I would say no don't use it.

14. #114 greenbudguy, May 25, 2011
    You like Nova bloom? I use the Fox Farm trio but thought about using that

15. I use primarily the whole fox farm line including the solubles, I just so happened to get a few bottles of flora nova bloom for free and that shit is the bomb. :D

16. #116 greenbudguy, May 25, 2011
    How do you like the solubles? I'm hoping to get them for my next grow

17. The solubles are the bomb. I wouldn't use the fox farm line w/o them. I also use CAL/MAG. And I got other bottles of nutes. Laying around. Oh yeah I also use Earth Juice molasses during flowering.

18. #118 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Wow! I need to go shopping! :) I need a lot of stuff. The solubles are pretty expensive tho.

19. The solubles are expensive but you only have to use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon per gallon during flowering. And you use each one at different levels of flowering. I am still using solubles that I had from last year. The point is they last a long time and you can use them to grow a lot of dank. :smoke:

20. #120 greenbudguy, May 26, 2011
    Yeah I understand. I'm short on money because rent is next week. I'll definitely pick them up in a couple weeks. My big girl should only be a couple weeks from harvest When I get them tho