my clone attempt... feedback on pics?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RDX, Oct 16, 2017.

1. So I've got these 6 White Rhino clones I started 10 days ago. I think I might have used bigger rock wool cubes than I should have, using 4" cubes. Was a quick grab at the local Agway...

I'm happy that they didn't wilt and die like some of my previous attempts. 1st time I've used the rock wool cubes, previous attempts were my own soil/sphagnum moss mixture, wilted!

So, the clones are 10 days in, and the leaves I cut back are browning on the ends, some yellowing as well, but as I said, not wilting. I'm pretty sure the rock wool is too wet, I watered them only once at 7 days. Oh, and I did not have them under a dome, until now... Temp is a consistent 75 degrees, and I'd say 35-40% humidity, outside the dome. I've had them in/out of a dome the last day, when in the dome, temps 77-78 degrees, 70% humidity. I kept them under only 2 40w florescent bulbs for the 1st week, now under a Mars 300w LED(bulb type) light a good 18 inches away, and a couple of the florescent bulbs that are closer.

Pics of the clones attached...

Would love to get some feedback on the clones, rock wool watering needs, etc.

Thanks!

RDX

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      67 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      80.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      97.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      61.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      61.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I learned this from my grandmama, you need a rooting solution, crush an aspirin real fine, then use your own saliva to mix with the aspirin, then stick your branch into that mix, then stick it into whatever you want to use, soil, cubes, and it will root as long as you keep it well saturated. Human saliva is loaded with all kinds of hormones that helps to root plants very well! But its awesome that you got it to work using cubes!!!

3. Forgot to mention, I dip'd them in CloneX.

4. I think I definitely need a heating mat, and going to use the smaller cubes next time around.

5. looking great . do they show any rots yet ? and yes smaller the cubes as possible as long as you can keep them damp . idk why they seem to root faster .

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4 of them are showing roots out of the bottom of the cubes now :) still, 4" is far too much material to start with, always a learning process. 2" cubes are in the mail for the next gen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Why not use the Rockwool plugs, then put the plug in the cut out hole in the 4" or whatever size cube you use? I was afraid I was gonna kill my first clone attempt but they are rooting after 11 days, well three of the four. But the forth looks good and lifts the plugs when picked up by stem. The first four I just used a solution my buddy gave me and back row I used clone-x. BC Pinewarp x bubble gum and pineapple express x black diesel

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. @MrGardener. That will be my approach next time around. Good news is 4 of my 6 have root shooting out the sides and bottoms of the 4 inch cubes, and I've put them in soil. :)

9. pics 1 month later. 1 is doing way better than the other 3, but they are coming along as well.

The plant on the lower left of the 1st photo is not a clone, but a young master kush from seed, seeds from a female I let get pollinated with a male MK over the summer.

Also attached are photos of seedlings under the dome(lid off). The 4 larger ones are blue dream from seeds I cross pollinated with the same male MK over the summer. The 4 small ones are newbies, all master kush. I used little 1.5" rock wool cubes for the seeds, working nicely!

The final pick is them all together in my nusery/veg section.

2" rock wool cubes are in the house, for the next round of cloning :)

Attached Files:

10. no need for the dome . once they have roots no dome needed .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Graduated the clones to 5 gal cloth pots during the week :) updated pics.. The one that I just started LST on is not a clone, but a master kush from seed. 3 others are the clones. coming along nicely for my 1st attempt.

clone_and_mk.jpg clones1.jpg

12. Here's the budding white rhino, mother of the clones, just a week or so away from harvest :)

wr_bud1.jpg wr_bud2.jpg

13. 7 weeks from taking the original clones, 4 of 6 survived and are strong! I trimmed them a bit today and LST's the 3 bigger ones. Couple more weeks, and I'll be cloning the clones :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg all4.jpg

14. Master Kush from seed growing along side the clones... my grow room is getting croweded, with 4 other blue dream crossed with master kush from seeds in small pots, and 4 more master kush from my own seeds still in seedling pots, couple weeks old. Mother white rhino about to harvest as well. :)

mk.jpg