My city is so dumb. Prop 64

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cheezo, Oct 6, 2017.

1. For those that don't know prop 64 is for California residents to purchase/use/grow marijuana recreationally.

So my city had a town meeting on what they were going to do about letting city residents grow their 6 plants.

Wow is all I can say, laughable at best. Nothing was set or put on the books but here is what the city council has almost settled on.

1. $500 a year for the permit to grow. (dumb)

2. An inspection of your grow room to make sure wiring and ventilation is up to code. (not dumb)

3. Random grow room inspections with 24 notice. (dumb)

4. No kids can live in the house where marijauna is growing. (dumb)

5. No felonies. Now I have a felony, a non violent one from about 20 years ago. Haven't got even a warning/ticket since. (kind of dumb) drug felons and violent felons not being able to grow is understandable.

6. If you rent your landlord must attented a workshop and give written permission to the city. Workshop kind of sounded like a scare tactic for landlords. As tge city council put pictures up on a monitor of gutted out illegal grow ops. (dumb) just permission from the land lord should suffice.

And that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

The only thing that stops me is the felony. Not just bitching because I dont qualify. I don't have kids but the reason for no kids in the house is dumb. City council members said kids can just pick some and eat it and overdose wtf? Someone spoke up and asked if any council members had liquor at the home with kids in the house. Council said we are not doing a liquor vs marijauna discussion.

Sorry to rant. What do you guys think about my city's plan?

Time to smoke which at least that I can do legally.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What's your city?
    Remind me not to move there..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Right. Won't say my city but it's right next to Modesto.

The silly part is if you grow with a mmj card which I have, you dont need to pay any fees or have inspections to grow.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree with point 6. Being a landlord myself. Wanna grow ? Use your own house imo.

Regarding the 500 bucks licence fee. That smarts a bit but 500 bucks to grow for a year is still cheaper than buying green.

Regarding no kids in house. That is a croc of shit imo.

5. So sorry man.

Back underground?

J

• Like Like x 1
  6. They are doing the classic thing self entitled fake know it alls with too much time and power do. Sit around trying to work out how they can reverse decisions via regulation. Theyve allowed you to do it but a group within does not like it and so dreams up ways to end it as much as they humanly can. Remind them that there are bigger issues to be considered as of now and they are trying to enforce their personal opinion on the populace. Its legal....so move on. When will people get youl never be able to police a bloody plant

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. True story we still get decent weed over here in england though

8. America doesn't make any sense to me you can legally buy a gun in Walmart but you can't grow weed without a fuck ton of rules shit doesn't make sense what's the worst you can do? Eat a pizza and chill :confused_2:

9. As long as it gets me stoned ha

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I get better weed in the uk than i do in amsterdam. Pretty relaxed drug laws too
    All good in the uk hood imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I agree the weed over here is potent af I mainly get cheese where I live sometimes get the odd bit of kush & haze other then that its cheese 90% of the time :smoke:

12. Stardawg and haze round here all day

• Like Like x 1

13. I've just picked up some blue cheese stuff has stunk my house out already and I haven't even smoked any yet:laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yer the old cheddar is a killer on the smell. Proper ontop gear haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The worst one I've ever had is double cheese man could smell it a mile away haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mmm pizza

• Like Like x 1
  17. Did anyone mention that if you picked up weed off the ground and ate it that it wouldn't get you high be cause it hasn't been decarbed? It's one of the least toxic substances known to man? Water is actually more toxic then THC?

18. This city is an exception. Most legal to grow area in the US don't cost anything and require no type of permit. I can have 6 plants in flower and 6 in veg legally in Alaska. My landlord can't even tell me I can't unless he writes it in the rental agreement which he didn't.

I usually flower 4 or 2. I don't even push the legal limit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Thank you.

Hand a bud to anyone who's never seen it or smoked it before . Most cases are they won't know what do do with it. And won't get high from it

• Like Like x 1