My Child ...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by D_420, May 4, 2012.

1. You will be born a heathen. You will grow up in a religious family and they will teach you their method of life. Once you have grown enough to develop a mind of your own, you will begin to question your family and you will question yourself. You will feel like you don't know who you are and you will develop an aching for some sense of identity that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

This aching will progress into a hunger for knowledge. You will consider yourself a truth-seeker. Eventually you will renounce your family's religious beliefs and you will hold an unconscious resentment towards them. You will grow angry and point out their mindlessness which will hurt them deeply. This unconscious resentment towards your family will develop into a conscious resentment and hatred towards all religions and people who encourage religion. You will look at recent human history and you will blame religion for the horrors, the torture, the separation and the hatred which was so prominent not so long ago.

You will vehemently deny the possible existence of any sort of consciousness which is above yours. You will become a materialist. You will believe yourself to be above all religious people, because you can see what they cannot. You will strongly believe that you have the answers - that you know something more, something extra, something that other people don't know. You will be so set in your mentality that your mind will become blinded to any perspective which is different from your own.

Your materialist attitude towards life will cause you to become indifferent towards those things which you should care about. You will pass up many an opportunity to help another person, or to give love to someone who needs it, because you believe it is ultimately pointless. Instead, you will spend most of your time doing things for yourself. Your ultimate impact on the world will be selfish and insignificant.

You will die an ordinary death through a common disease of the time when you are middle-aged. While you are on your deathbed, you will not be as calm and accepting of your fate as you thought you would be. In your final moments you will become stricken with a penetrating anxiety and fear which you won't be able to control. Just before you pass, you wish with all your strength that there is an afterlife.

After you die, you will find that your consciousness is still intact. You will notice that you're able to think more clearly and feel more sharply than you did before you died. You will be able to remember your entire life with uncanny ability. You will think that this is some sort of uncommon freak of nature that you are still "alive" after you had died; consequently you will hold onto the physical world as tenaciously as you can, just as you did on Earth, fearing that this is the only thread of consciousness which you have and that if you let go you will vanish into oblivion. This will be your Hell.

Eventually, the resistless tide of evolution will sweep you upward, though you will fight it the whole way through. Once you reach a certain point in your upward climb, in a bright flash of illumination, you will remember who you really are, and you will remember everything I had said to you. You will feel fulfilled and blissful - you will feel as you feel now. This will be your Heaven. You will remember that the life which you had just lived is just one in a chain of many lives. You will understand the mistakes which you made on Earth; consequently you will learn love, compassion, tolerance, action, selflessness and understanding. These lessons will help you to become an avid spiritualist in the following life. This will set you on the Path and you will soon become one of mankind's greatest helpers as you learn to sacrifice yourself for the greater good.

Do you wish to live this life?

"I do."

2. At first I was like wow this is depressing..
    But then it wasn't

3. Fucking awesome. Just....fucking beautifully worded. Repped.

4. That...was beautiful.

5. Beautiful

6. #7 TesseLated, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
    I like the concept of heaven and hell being an evolutionary process of sorts. Indeed the realization of higher realities without a dogma attached is the start. (IMO)

nice d420 :smoke:

Love is the Answer: We are Eternal.

*The heaven/hell part sounds kind of like the premise behind 'Lost'...you should watch it d420

7. Dear D_420? I am your child and what you discussed so similar to my upbringing. I did indeed grow up in an religious family and their put their ideals on me but as I start to develop an mind of my own, I start to question things. Like you said, I start finding the truth to the things, why do people feel and act this way, basically having the hunger like a dog to find knowledge. I distant myself away from them because they can't understand the person in going into multiple perspective instead of one but is religion for the people that don't care to enlight themselves on their own so they need an person to do the thinking for them? I'm not an atheist or anything, just wondering.

8. Thanks for the rep.

You're so right. :D

So long as we fully respect each other, we will respect differing perspectives and beliefs. If you can see something from multiple perspectives, that's an incredibly powerful ability to have! We can see that people are always doing what they believe is the right thing to do, so regardless of whether they are wrong, or if they're annoying, we should still love them very much..

Many religious structures help the clueless people to strive towards something meaningful in their life - to foster love and devotion. It doesn't matter whether we devote ourselves to a high ideal or to the people around us; as long as that inner love and devotion has a real outlet.

9. i never wanted to be materialistic, but everyone controlling my life is essentially forcing me to because of other people i have to care for..

10. this thread will stick with me till the evolutionary chain of spirtual life ends.

11. But it's not always love and devotion that these preachers preach, I also hear fear, judgement and hate, discrimination but that was what I have witnessed with Jehovah Witnesses, not all religious people are evil as I could see but some just ruin it for their counterparts.

12. #14 Sarcasticalist, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    Next life doesn't exist now, why should I wait?

13. This reminds me of a beautiful poem by Ella Wheeler Cox:

"But to every mind there openeth,
    A way, and way, and away,
    A high soul climbs the highway,
    And the low soul gropes the low,
    And in between the misty flats,
    The rest drift to and fro.

But to every man there openeth,
    A high way and a low,
    And every mind decideth,
    The way his soul shall go.

One ship sails East,
    And another West,
    By the self-same winds that blow,
    'Tis the set of the sails,
    And not the gales,
    That determines the way which they go.

Like the winds of the sea
    Are the waves of time,
    As we journey along through life,
    'Tis the set of the soul,
    That determines the goal,
    And not the calm or the strife."

14. I love this :D

15. Christian church services are really beautiful to watch, the kind of services which preach love and acceptance. These services are actually much more prominent than the fear-spreading ones.

Especially the song-and-dance ones.. To see the pure devotion and brotherly love which comes out of these services is amazing, and almost all of this devotion is unmixed with any selfishness or separateness whatsoever. :)

It is all so pure..

16. [quote name='"D_420"']
    Christian church services are really beautiful to watch, the kind of services which preach love and acceptance. These services are actually much more prominent than the fear-spreading ones.

Especially the song-and-dance ones.. To see the pure devotion and brotherly love which comes out of these services is amazing, and almost all of this devotion is unmixed with any selfishness or separateness whatsoever. :)

It is all so pure..[/quote]

Hmmmm that's no the experience I have. Your probly biased cause your Christian.

Christian services look exactly like cult meetings

17. Why preach when all you have to do is be.

18. Are you sure you're not biased because you're not Christian?

Emotionally all we have to do is be; but if we do nothing, how will anything change?