My Chicago Disc golf adventure thread (courses played often)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by tjviperjr, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Ah very nice. Just let me know sir. I know how the traveling for work thing is. Seems like I'm in a different city every weekend.

2. That Herrer was bomb bro! And damn, it always hurts to seba piece broken =( RIP

3. Good to see some Disc Golfers on here. I have been playing for about 6 years and it is a blast. If you havnent ever played in Iowa. go to Des Moines or The Quad citys for the best disc golf (outside of Highbridge) in the world.

4. That's about 2 hrs from my house.

I went out the other day and played a local 24 hole course. Shot a 2 under par.

5. hell ya thats my home course...and green bay guy, u got ripped off! $25 for a valk, viper and birdie, youch! :eek:

6. It didn't really put a huge dent in my wallet so I'm not too worried about it. :cool:

7. Thought I'd give my two cents on some Chicagoland courses:

1. Adler Park (Libertyville, IL)
    One of the best 9-holers north of the city. The first half is all woods, and you can smoke pretty much anywhere along here:
    [​IMG]
    The latter half of the course is open field with a few trees, but still very fun.

2. Willow Stream Park (Buffalo Grove, IL)
    This 9-holer is always crowded (6-10 groups on average) because it's an extremely casual course. All the pars are laughably easy, hole #5 is 335 ft and listed as a par 5. That said, this course is great because everyone is toking up and you can watch people throw as you're waiting.

3. Fink Park (Highland Park, IL)
    Another 9-holer, the biggest challenge of this course is distance. All holes are par 3, and the only easy birdies are #1 and #4. This course also has a hidden smoking spot:[​IMG]

See the building? There's a large vent on the side that allows you to climb to the roof. The pic doesn't do it justice, but you get an amazing view of the park and no one can see you.

4. West Park (Joliet, IL)
    I took a 2-week break from smoking, then proceeded to play this course after a huge blunt of AK-47. Dunno about my friends, but I was damn near tripping.
    24 holes, no complaints. Most of the shots are pretty straightforward and look like this:
    [​IMG]
    Avoid hitting the trees and you'll be alright.

5. Highland Park (Joliet, IL)
    My favorite course, this one really puts your skills to the test. Several holes have you shooting over a valley, so if you shank your drive, you're pretty much fucked
    [​IMG]

If you're new to DG, I recommend practicing at West Park first, as it's only 10-20 minutes away.

8. the first frizzbee has a bowl on it

9. Your oddly correct about that.

10. Just played disc golf on the UCF campus (couple of courses), it's a fucking blast, we shared a fat joint too. :smoke:

11. hell yeah you gotta smoke bro its in the rules

12. #92 XspankyX, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This made me smile haha

13. Any body play Jericho Park?

14. jericho is fun. played the ace race there last year

15. Played the local course today and had a blast! I used to live about a block from a course when I grew up and played daily, but fell out of it when I got into other stuff.

It was windy today and we had troubles finding the tees and pins(no course map) but we had a blast. although I was waaaaaaay over par. Had fun though.

16. I remember playing disc golf only once as a kid and had a blast.

17. Anybody ever play Knock Knolls yeah I know it sucks compared to the rest of them around but it's pretty close to me.

18. Just got back into my hometown and my best friend gave me a call. We went up and hit our local course. Heres a shitty cell pic I took of the view and hole number 7.
    [​IMG]

19. You Chicago guys ever been to the streamwood disc gold course? It's right next to a skatepark that I go to often.

20. Joilet, lemon lake, valpo, and kalamazoo is where i play.