My Chicago Disc golf adventure thread (courses played often)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by tjviperjr, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Lucky you. I've been swamped lately with work because all the irresponsible kids are back in school and getting themselves in hot water with the law.

2. Well that's good though, at least you have work. I just got on some bullshit suspension and I might get fired as a result, so I have to find a new job, pronto. fml!

3. Damn dude what did you do?

4. I have a dirty mind.

5. Well, the day after my birthday i had to be in Geneva at 7:30am for a chep count(where i just go and count the blue pallets in giant warehouse distribution centers and such.) Well first off, I slept a little late and I would have made it to the count but my car was on some bullshit so I couldn't go. Also my phone was buggin that day and i couldn't get ahold of my boss. So all my hard work and effort that i put in for never being late before and always doing a good job results in a suspension...possibly get me fired. I'm real pissed.:mad:

6. Maybe after your suspension you wont get fired ..

7. I hope so man. I really busted my ass for this place, and they know it. I'm definitely going to take this time off to find a new job though. One that doesn't kill my car and that has a place that has the opportunity to advance.

8. Well I know a few places you could pick up some hours..

9. Fer real? Well shiiiit man, that's awesome.:hello: I'll take anything at this point! haha

10. Went out yesterday and practiced some putts. Hit about a 30 yarder with a forehand and almost pissed my pants. I also went to Highland Park last evening and shot a 4 under on the course. Best score yet

11. #71 tjviperjr, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
    I went home for the weekend and played disc golf at my favorite local course with my best friend.
    http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=726

[​IMG]

The baskets aren't in the greatest of shape, but still not bad.

[​IMG]

Hole markers are very prehistoric, and aren't even close to accurate.
    Lots of the baskets are almost impossible to find.

The one aspect of the course I do enjoy is the huge open fields. There were holes that were 800+

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The concrete tees are in great shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The course takes 2 hours to play at a surprisingly high pace. The other players are very friendly and it seems like a family friendly place. Not so much after dark though in rockford haha.

I give this course a 3/5

12. Me and a buddy skipped a bit of work at the office for a couple rounds on a local 9 holer.

Never played the course before but it was quite nice. Holes are very short, but park is kept up nicely.

I got an eagle on the first hole when I put my drive right on top of the pin.

Shot a -4 on the first 9 thru, and a -3 the 2nd time.

O'Brien Park in Downers Grove, IL - Disc Golf Course Review

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Which course would you suggest for someone who's never played before?

14. Any course really. Maybe start out on a 9 hole course first?

15. If it doesn't rain this weekend I think I'm headed to Downers Grove then. I've been in Chi for 4 years and haven't left the city yet. I have no idea what to expect. In my head, there's corn fields and farms and maybe the "world largest pumpkin patch."

Either way, should be a little adventure.

16. Downers grove is about 15 minutes from my place, and its nothing close to cornfields. There are 3 courses in that area you should check out. I played one of them last week. If you want middle of nowhere check out channahon or morris.

17. Played another 9 holer today in woodridge. Course was way too simple and I shot a -7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't know if I posted theses pics already, but here's some nug

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My poor bowl my girl broke.

[​IMG]

18. If I ever get back to Chicago, we'll have to might up and toss a round.

19. For sure man. Where ya living now.

20. North Carolina, lol. When work gets swinging again, I'm all over the country, so there's a good chance I might get back up that way at some point.