My Chicago Disc golf adventure thread (courses played often)

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by tjviperjr, Sep 29, 2010.

1. So kind of an odd question, but where do you grab your discs at? I just grabbed what I could at sports authority. I went to the flea market the other day and there were a ton of discs for sale, most in amazing shape as well.

2. Where I am at, we have a disc golf store, where you can get every disc on the market. But google disc golf store, and pick out one.

I'd recommend the Innova Beast, too. It's my driver of choice.

3. Cool. I was browsing on ebay earlier and they have some good deals as well.

4. #44 Blazed Bacon, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2010
    Haha tjviperjr, that sign for the uni course: "funded in part by the Illinois Higher Education Center for Alcohol, Other Drug and Violence Prevention Grant" :laughing:

Man, I haven't played disc golf since I was like 12 or something. I remember the lulz that were had. I should call up some friends and go out to a course with some bowls.

EDIT: lol 4:20 post.

5. Yes a disc golf course funded by an anti-drug organization. Lolz

6. west loop area, I forgot to bring my discs though. I will probably grab them in a week or two, I have barely used my new groove that I picked up when they were released.

7. Ah downtown I see. You go to school down there?

8. I played lewis again today and shot a -2, and ended up beating my buddy who shot a -1.

I ordered some new discs offline, and ended up getting all 3 discs for 25 bucks with shipping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Almost blew that game yesterday bro.:eek:

10. You should post your disc pick ups in my disc golf thread so it picks up some speed and hopefully becomes a popular thread and sport on grasscity. But I think your gonna love the wraith, but dont know about the other two. I disliked DX plastics greatly, you should look into gateway putters, best putter company out there right now.

11. I already posted the pics earlier in your thread:wave:

taking the new discs on the course tomorrow

12. I travel back to the Elk Grove/Schaumburg/Hoffman Estates area at least a couple times per year, so I'll definitely check out some of these courses the next time I'm in, which will probably be in January.

Will be interesting to play during Chicago winter.

:p

13. Goodluck, let me know how they work out! Make sure the check the chart to see what type of stats it has for certain throws :)

14. that is very close to me
    this will be you man[​IMG]

Will do. Playing highland park, joliet tomorrow.

15. The key word is ALMOST! Haha. At least there weren't nearly as many penalties this time. We played a lot better.

16. Well we had a huge lead that we blew for sure. Thank goodness for mr charles woodson.

17. Yea, we blow the lead alot...but hell yea! what a savior:D Gonna be a good game in Washington next weekend for sure.

18. What the hell man a day off today or what?

19. You mean me? I'm off all week I think.:hello: