my chemical romance

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Exodus2011, Nov 4, 2011.

1. What you guys think about them?

I personally find them really emotional and great band haha.

Some people say they're like emo, but i'm like fuck dem labels haha. They could mean "emotional" but not like the totally depressed music, because it's not all just depressing music

2. lool yeah I think they mean "emotional"

3. yea but i'm talking about people are hating on emos thinking theyre all just completely depressed people.

emo is actually a type of music. the word is misunderstood

4. Three Cheers was a good album, but I think they're progressively getting worse

5. yea seems like it happens with a lot of bands huh?

6. #6 Dillinger, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
    Unfortunately

7. I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but I hate their first two albums and I don't think they got good until The Black Parade.

Bands change and evolve over time, people. You can't expect them to stick to one thing forever as they grow up and their attitudes about things change. And personally I love it when bands start exploring new sounds and stuff.

I think The Black Parade is a fantastic album and Danger Days was really good (though it has a few songs I don't care for). I can't stand their first album (and neither can Gerard). I think Three Cheers is mediocre at best (with the standout tracks being You Know What They Do... and Cemetery Drive) and their drummer back then was a hack who only knew one beat.

I listened to this band a lot in high school and saw them live in the rain. It was pretty sweet. When I left high school, a lot of my music tastes changed and I don't listen to much MCR anymore. But occasionally I'll find myself in the mood for The Black Parade or Danger Days.

8. yea i really don't mind when bands change, it's only natural, everything changes, it's just sometimes it really seems like they are genuinely stifling their original creativity to be played on the radio.

"selling out" is a term thats overused imo but it can happen