My cat licks her fur off.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by underahoneymoon, Apr 27, 2013.

1. #1 underahoneymoon, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
    So like the title says...my cat licks her fur off. Mainly on her paws but also on her belly and for awhile the end of her tail was bald because she pulled out her fur with her teeth. Her paws are pink and bald in spots. What makes her do this?? I've never know any other cats who do this. She licks herself all the time. Like literally. Unless she is asleep she is always licking her fur. What gives? In every other respect she is normal. Well she also eats grass and throws up every day...
    Any explanation??
    I was gonna post a pic but she ran off.

2. #2 spliffmuch?, Apr 27, 2013
  3. Can you we a pic of this? Maybe a video lol. This sounds crazy

Edit. Does she make noises like that shit hurts?

4. That's no good. I had a cat that licked it fur off on a spot on it's side that turned into a sore because she had a growth. That might not be the case here but that's still a neurotic cat. I wouldn't worry about the grass though, it's only natural. There's essential vitamins but they can't digest it all.

5. I wish I could help, lovey.

My sister's cat has been doing this recently and we have no idea.

6. Maybe they need to recall some type of cat food if other cats are doing it

7. #7 underahoneymoon, Apr 27, 2013
    Her is a pic of her paw. She never makes any noises like she is in pain or discomfort and she has no problem with her paws being touched. I will post a video if I remember. It's fucking annoying because she always hops on my bed and wants to cuddle but before she sleeps she has to lick and lick

ForumRunner_20130426_212037.png

and lick. It gets annoying.

Edit: Pic didn't come out too good but the top and side of her paw is bald and pink. Her biting off her tail fur was way weirder but she stopped awhile ago... For about a year an inch(ish) of her tail had no hair at all.
    She is 8 years old and has been doing this for about 3-4 years I'd say.

8. Weird ass cat, dawg...
    Hope she turns out okay 'cause shes beautiful.

9. Your cats eyes look like human eyes to me. She looks awesome

Edit. Fuck I forgot to look at her paw. That's weird. I'm going to agree with whoever said maybe she got something outside. No clue if cats can get shit like that though

10. Yeah it's a mystery! She seems healthy...she eats regularly, has a healthy coat besides her paws and belly, she's playful and affectionate...I just don't get it.
    And yeah, I think she's super pretty. Part of the reason I got her is because she has green eyes like me :D

11. birds pick at their feathers for various reasons, usually it's stress. i don't know if cats and birds could be related. i've just only had experience with dogs and feathered cuddly animals.
    could your cat be stressed? hahah.

12. My cat used to overlick her belly. Sometimes cats just develop weird behavioral problems, just like we do.

From what I've read, it's generally caused by the kitten being weaned at too early an age. The licking initially isnt too excessive, however the discomfort of being raw will cause licking. It's definitely not mange, not with those big beautiful eyes!

13. #15 3lephunk, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
    she's a naked mole rat trapped in a cats body. it must be difficult for her to live such a lie. if I were you I would just shave her, it's the least you could do to help.

14. This is some funny shit

15. You should try buying some aloe wipes and wipe down where she licks, I have a dog that does the same thing to his paws and he got sores and irritations from it. The vet recommended the wipes and that helped a lot he actually barely does it anymore.

16. Hmm interesting. I will try that...if I can catch her and get her to stay still haha.

17. needa shave that pussy gurl

get it all nice n ready fo the summah

what are we talking about?

18. I think you know ;)