My Carnivore Diet Experience

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Frasier, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Going to be doing the Carnivore Diet and see how it goes.

For those who don't know this diet consists of ONLY things derived from animals, mainly high fat meat, organ meat and water.

On this diet you can't have any vegetables, sugars or carbs.

You can have fish, eggs and small amounts of dairy products like milk amd cheese.

The point of this diet for me is to decrease how sick I feel in the morning and reduce all the problems and pain I get from my autoimmune disease.

Feel free to join in. I'll be doing this doet strictly for 30 days and afterwards if I like it it will become my new lifestyle.

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Started the diet tonight with a plate of salted ground beef and chicken hearts.

First time I have ever had chicken heart, I thought it would be disgusting but it's actually pretty good. I pan seared it in a small bit of butter and bacon grease.

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 3
  3. I hope it works for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. If it's liver related issues they usually say to avoid Organ meat.

One of my favorites is Chicken Livers. Usually sold in a 1 pound tub. It was a special night when Mom would fry up a mess of them.

Beef liver and Onions is another Favorite around the house as both my Wife and I love it.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Way back in the day we ate a lot of Beef Heart as it was dirt cheap and we was dirt poor just starting out.
    LOL likely have to order it ahead of time. Ask the Butcher if he's got one in the back or order it.
    Locally ( Southern California ) I'd hit a Stater Brothers Market. Gelsons, Lazy Acres, or the like.

See if you can find a Rabbit. It's the other Chicken and is all white meat and very lean.
    We usually have it 3 or 4 times a year but have to ask for it about a week early as not many places stock it.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's weird but our local grocery store often has beef heart, pig trotters, etc. I just wish they'd stock chicken feet as it's a great addition to any bone broth.

• Like Like x 1
  7. @Azzanadra

Does your diet include bone broth? That could be a nice addition if made without the veggies and species of allium.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't eat rabbit and I generally avoid pig meat aside from bacon and chops.

I'll see if the butcher has any cow heart or just cuts of trimmed fat I can fry up as snack.

La vie est drôle

9. Yes actually bone broth is very highly recommended. Our market occasionally stocks chicken feet. I'll grab some feet and bones to make it.

Is it just drunk as soup or can you make stews keeping in mind I can't use veggies or spices but salt?

La vie est drôle

10. I bought a pack of chicken liver. Growing up in a Jewish household it was a common side for crackers. Usually made in to pate.
    If I had a food processor I could make it like that but I don't have one or money for one.

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks bud!

La vie est drôle

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. No actually my liver works extremely well. It's one of the few organs I have that work properly.

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 2
  13. Either way works.

14. Alright. Thank you!

La vie est drôle

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Interesting, I hope the diet helps you.

I need to keep losing weight but, quitting eating junk food and, drinking beer is default. :(

16. What’s the theory behind this diet, and how does it relate to your health condition?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. So the research behind it suggests that carbs are severely detrimental to health. Carbs are in all vegetables.

By only eating meats your body starts consuming its own fat and stops storing fat and enters a state called Kitosis.

"What is ketosis?

Ketosis is a natural metabolic state. It involves the body producing ketone bodies out of fat, and using them for energy instead of carbs. You can get into ketosisby following a very low-carb, high-fat ketogenic diet"

Essentially by consuming fat you actively use that fat to fuel your body instead of storing it like you would by consuming carbs and sugars.

It's a very bland and tasteless diet but the health benefits are great.

The information regarding thyroid function is very conflicting as the biggest articles are by dolar store doctors with very flawed studies but research shows positive trends for people following the diet properly.

It's also supposed to have positive effects on autoimmune and massively reduced swelling in arthritis patients.

There's a wonderful podcast with Joe rogan and Jordan Peterson's daughter who has been in this diet for a long while. I will post it later.

I don't have all the information on this and this area of medicine is not part of what I studied so I can't give more insight but the info is out there.

Just keep in mind sourcing and statistics when determining the legitimacy of an article.

La vie est drôle

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. What's the fun part of this diet you ask?

Pocket Bacon!!!

That's right, if you don't have crispy bacon in your pocket at all time..... you're doing it wrong!!

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. First day of the diet.

Pretty rough. The temptation for carbs was there from the second I woke up.

I was about 10000× hungrier than I have ever been.

I have always eaten very little, by little I mean I can eat a sandwich and that's it for a whole day but yesterday I must have eaten over a pound and a half of food.

Weirdly I don't feel sick this morning.
    I always feel sick in the morning and I'm never able to get any food down. However this morning I actually had some breakfast and a bit more energy than usual.

La vie est drôle

• Like Like x 2
  20. No offense but this is not a smart diet. Any diet that forbids vegetables is a sham and extremely unhealthy. Your cholesterol levels are going to be thru the roof. Massive strain on your heart health.

Intermittent fasting (eating only in a 6-8 hour window)consisting of High protien/ HIGH vegetables and low carbs is the healthiest and more efficient way to lose weight and get lean.

Good luck either way, but any diet that has you walking around with bacon in pocket instead of healthy options should be a obvious red flag for you.