My Carbon Filter + Inline Fan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shaundelamar, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Would a 6" Vortex Inline Fan (420CFM) and a Can Filter 50 (420CFM) be enough to eliminate the oder completely and have great ventilation, while growing around 4 x Auto Ak47 in a grow tent that is around 3 feet wide, 3 feet deep, and 5 feet high. I will be using 1 x 600 watt MH/HPS bulb in an EasyCool 6" Reflector.

Also, do I need an exhaust fan? If so which kind and how many?

By the way, I'm not trying to push the air out of my grow room, smelling like marijuana. I want the air to clean it self.

2. should easily be enough for a few grows then you might need new carbon

i'd use a smaller fan on the EasyCool as well

3. that'll be more than enough. that vortex inline fan WILL be your exhaust fan..you want to duct your reflector, filter, and fan to the exhaust of that box(on top, and in whatever order works best for you).

i'm running a 4x4x7 growtent with a 6" ecofan pushing something like 440CFMs, a 6 inch c.filter rated for 350 CFMs, and a 600WHPS running in a sunsystem reflector. i'm also ducting the exhaust from the top of my box and down the side of the box(on the outside) for a total of about 12 ft(really decreases effective CFMs) and airflow is still very good. if you don't need to worry about temps..you can probably even get away with a 4 inch fan and smaller filter too.

4. #4 shaundelamar, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009

Thanks bro, so the air that I will be exhausting from the grow box will be fresh clean air correct?

So my Inline Fan will be my exhaust.

This might sound dumb, but do I need an intake fan or is that the same as inline fan?