MY cabinet design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by captain jack, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Here's a drawing of my design.

Here's what I've done so far. Started w/ 16 seeds, grew/sexed and ended up with 6 strong mothers. Built the cabinet, tested it for 2 days, started 10 clones off mom.

Put first box of clones in cabinet 6 days ago, killed 2. Clones started at 3-4 inches. All clones are now 7 inches high and super bushy (will take pic soon), un-frickin believable!

I have now put second batch of clones in and all but one have started new growth in less than 16 hrs.

Cloning has been done w/ clipping put in water. Split the base, dip in Schultz rooting hormone, place into soil immediately. Water evenly. Nothing else

You may rip on the design and the fact that it's CFL's but you can't rip on the results...and that's all that matters.

I would value any input that you'd like to give!

Attached Files:

• grow.jpg
      grow.jpg
      File size:
      56.4 KB
      Views:
  2. where'd you get your 250watt HPS for $35?

3. Sweet setup you've got there. How wide is the cabinet?

4. Got the hps light from a surplus store. They buy equipment from closed businesses. Hopin to find some kind of MH light but maybe later.

Got my eye on an upcoming auction of a closed greenhouse, should have some sweet equip for next to nothing!

The cabinet is 30" wide. Sorry forgot that on the drawing.

The one problem with this set-up is the noise of the fan. I needed something with more power to offset the heat buildup of 15 cfl's, hence the duct fan.

If need be I can cut into the floor and move the fan below that level. I'd have to invest another 10$ in duct work to do that though.

My next project is going to be a 4 drawer file cabinet. It's easy to hack the fronts off the drawers. If I find more HPS for cheap I'll put them in there, otherwise I'll go verticle with 4 ft. flouro's.

I just have to find a cabinet for cheap enough.

5. i think THC mentioned something about boeing surplus having cheap lights

Grasscity Deals Near You