my bug infestation..um help?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ondeck619, Jun 2, 2010.

1. i bought 2 no pest strips two days ago as i had a massive
    infestion of "spidermites,root aphids,and gnats"
    the spidermites must of been by the millions. same with the gnats. and about 200-400 root aphids per pplant as a guess
    i have a 14x12 room and had spidermite webs on about 50-60% of plant tops and mid branches.
    i had hung sticky paper for gnats and was completly covered eevery 3-4days... no luck in effectively controlling anything..
    after instillation of the no pest strip i had 100% die off of the gnats within 36hours and seems the same with spidermites
    the pest control and kill arachnids
    and a spider mite falls into the arachnic species so the little fuckers will die..
    the strip releases a vapor thyat breaks down the nervous system...harmful to humans if inhaled for more then 4hrs daily.
    its not getting to the root aphids and those fuckers are hard to kill

i use dwc buckets...

any ideas on controlling them?

ive done neem

2. Your in for a hard road if you do have root aphids. I thought I had root aphids but the Azamax I've been using for the last month seems to have alleviated my problem, so maybe it was something else. I say that because everyone that I've heard from says Azamax won't work on root aphids. Personally I'm shutting down and bombing for a few weeks.
    I've been fighting bugs and taking hits on yield a long time though, so I want to make absolutely sure their gone. The spider mites and fungus gnats are weak. Aphids, in my opinion, of any kind just plain suck. I tried everything I could read about on the internet and in forums. Some things even ended up killing some of my crop. Hopefully someone who's overcome this prob will come along and help us both out.

3. billy the exterminator? haha.

4. use malathion that stop the problem spay for mite
    mix and flood soil for soil aphids
    wait 1 week repeat will not hurt plant

5. this what i used and it works very well
    had same problem treated lost 0

6. theinkman26
    use malathion that stop the problem spay for mite
    mix and flood soil for soil aphids
    wait 1 week repeat will not hurt plant

johnny ive tried azamax on the aphids and it completly failed.
    ive heard take down works but ive yet to try it. has anyone used it before?

thinkman never heard of malathion but ill look into it .

im runnin soil and hydro. the aphids are in hydro and the gnats in soil.
    i may just move my soil outdoors to control gnats.
    the pest strips failed. after a week populations boosted back up.
    i just tried floramite 5days ago and it completly failed on the mites too.. fuckers are still crawlin..
    im thinkin to try avid or maybe just move it all outdoors and let nature take its course

7. Avid or Natria are excellent products.

:smoke:

8. i used hydrogen peroxide 3%, 1 part to 4 parts water for the gnats in my garden. just mix it up and water your plants. i treated 2X and the gnats were gone.

for the aphids, how about a natural solution: Aphidoletes aphidimyza - aphid predators? heres a web-site i found:

Aphid Predators and Natural Aphid Pest Controls at Home Harvest Garden Supply

good luck - i hope you can get rid of the uninvited guests soon!

9. so i used the floramite followed by neem oil 5days later and then today i set off a pyrithium bomb. im changing 100% of the hydroton in all my dwc buckets also changing the buckets themselves and removing as much topsoil as i can from dirt plants then add new dirt and new pots to whole room. im bleaching 100% of walls and floors as well as re sealing the doors and wall joints. i also went and bought all new hydro buckets so they will be sealed and new.
    hopefully this regime will work